Relocating to snow country???

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Some folks are hard core Mustang peeps and some are happy-to-enjoy-it-but-could-part-with-it folks. I'm in central Indiana and I'll put up MRTWSTR when it's cold enough, no snow and no cold wet days for the GT. We all have great advice we "believe" in but ultimately it's how you feel about it. Like one said, it's like having a new car again in the spring. I love tracking this thing so I'll drive my VW in the snow and wait.
Sponsored

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Several years ago our daughter spent January-March in Institute, WV, where it snowed every week and usually several days a week. Her car was a Mustang GT, manual, and she drove it everywhere she had to go. No snow tires, just daily driver rubber. When we took her up there for her last medical rotation she was told "You can't drive that car up here." It was either drive it, or walk. She drove. Never hd a problem with starting or getting stuck. Maybe she was just lucky. We visited her on weekends and we never had traction problems either. I think I would have felt better if she did have winter/snow tires on it, but we just went with stock tires.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't sell it. As long as you are driving it the other 6-8 months out of the year it's worth it to keep it. I use winter as my downtime for cleaning the car up (rear diffuser needs to come off to clean out the rocks etc..), working on additions ( I have a rev match module that needs to be finished), and various fixes ( I have a rattle that needs to be silenced.) I also watch a lot of car movies (gone in 60 seconds, ford vs ferrari) and just take a break from the car scene. It can be a time of reflection and rest to gear up for the next summer. I finally moved into a house with an adequate garage to store my 350 onsite. I didn't put a cover on it for reasons I won't get into, but every single day I would walk out into the garage....walk past the 350... glance at her and say "dang" that is nice." I'm not exaggerating about this, every single time..... the car is such a work of art; best looking mustang i've ever seen. Enjoy the off time and you will cherish the rest of the time you get to drive it. Every 70 degree sunny day in Wisconsin is to be appreciated and enjoyed to the fullest. It was getting dark tonight, but I hadn't driven the 350 for several days; took it out for 20 minutes before dusk and had a ball... was chuckling and shaking my head and I parked her......Good luck with the decision.

Bullitt Tooth Tony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350 H3929
I drive in the snow...

I wouldn't recommend it, but its not as horrible as you think. Driving, I mean. I'm sure its just as bad for the car as you think lol

Sponsored

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I moved from Southern California (High Desert) to Montana over 4 years ago. I store both my GT350's over the winter in a heated barn. I do maintenance and mods over the winter. I have a Toyota 4Runner and a 4WD Silverado 3500 for winter driving. It is like having a new car in the spring when my 350 comes out of her hibernation.

OP
OP
460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I moved from Southern California (High Desert) to Montana over 4 years ago. I store both my GT350's over the winter in a heated barn. I do maintenance and mods over the winter. I have a Toyota 4Runner and a 4WD Silverado 3500 for winter driving. It is like having a new car in the spring when my 350 comes out of her hibernation.
Palmdale/Lancaster or the Victor Valley?
I lived in the Victor Valley for about 25 years.

Sponsored

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
I drove an E46 M3 through a few Chicago winters. 17” wheels and Blizzaks are amazing things!
Now living in Wisonsin… my 350R, goes into storage after Thanksgiving and usually comes out in April. Plenty of time for a good detail.

BryanCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 2007 GT3
I live in Monument Colorado, where we get about 110 inches of snow a year. Last year, I was driving my 2019 'vert in December, with the top down! You would be surprised at how often you can drive your car, especially if you don't get as much snow as we do. Keep it! I also think you'll have some really nice wide open roads in Wyoming where you can really let her run wide open!
Monument?

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 whipple charged, 1972 Camaro SS pro touring
It's all up to the person! I live in upstate NY and car sits from November to late April, may. It always hurts at first to put it away, but on the flip side it's always a blast when taking it out in the spring! As you know they are a real pleasure to cruze! Even with the short window of time I already have 15000 on mine. Hope you decide to keep her, you'll regret it if you sell her I believe
Sponsored