Sponsored

Relocating to snow country???

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
There s no right or wrong answer . Put it away your first winter and then when spring comes you can either sell it or drive it. You decide. Then that happens again the next year. Rinse and repeat.
Probably the best advice if considering storage. Not sure if they use "sand" in WY (a euphemism for little bits of gravel that crack windshields regularly out West) but other than salt solutions another reason to store it for the winter. Have had no problems parking it for 4-5 months for the past five years and enjoying it in nicer weather, but suspect in Cheyenne you will be able to drive year round with snows. Must be a GT350 owner in that area with good advice as well.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Keep it ready and on standby for those days when the roads are clear and take it out for short drives. Potholes are probably going to be a big deal come spring, from all the salt and plows traversing the roadways.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I do not believe Wyoming uses salt. But, we do here and no way on Gods green earth would I drive my car in winter here with salt on the road. If you want to justify monetarily there is no way to do it. Buy a Bronco and mod the hell out of it and drive it year round. But, I will say, I love the anticipation of spring and driving the car. This entire year was a bust for me. I'm hoping with retirement I will be able to do more. Damn, you got me thinking. Good luck with that decision.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Those of you that have moved from a 365 sports car season to putting your car in storage for a few months, I have questions.
How do you justify sitting on something like a GT350 and not enjoying it all year long?
It’s not a question of money for us, it’s just how we use our money.
A lot of people simply don`t have a choice. Its one of the cons with living in colder states. If you are ok with buying a luxury AWD performance car instead, then by all means. I have never been completely satisfied with them.

People living in warm states out west or down south have no appreciation for good weather. Once you live in a place that gets cold and hot. You really learn to cherish the times when you can take out your GT350. The car becomes more than just a daily driver that can be driven anytime. Park your GT350 for 4 months. After 4 months your GT350 will be amazing.

Its really not all that bad. I would love to live in Wyoming. Such a peaceful beautiful place.

SloWay2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Vert
Im from the northeast, but lived in the south Central Valley for almost 4 years. It’s tough going back to winters, and even though it’s been about a decade since moving back from CA I’m still freezing all winter.

You will miss the car if you sell it, plenty of beautiful drives in CO and WY where you will wish you had the car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
The salt thing I hav‘t thought much about yet, good point.
When living in Ft Collins I really don’t remember what was used. I drove a couple Broncos (‘74 & ‘75) I wish I still had 😉
Even cinder will beat up the finish. The Mrs reminded me we’ll probably end up on a dirt road as well. A short dirt road is not a big deal. A couple miles, different situation.
You guys are great with the help. I appreciate it.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I drive mine all year long, on Michelin Pilot Alpine PA4s and some weight in the trunk during winter. The Snow/Wet mode helps, and don't get crazy with the throttle.
Also I don't take it out in bad weather, mostly just when roads are clear. Boise doesn't get that snowy anyway.

My take:
I know I don't have a "collectible" GT350. I'm not saving the car for someone else and can't park it for months at a time when it's possible to drive it safely.

OP
OP
460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Salt, brine and other chemicals that eat up your finish are used in Wyoming.

SloWay2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Vert
Yea a long dirt road would make the choice selling pretty easy for me.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Salt, brine and other chemicals that eat up your finish are used in Wyoming.
Definitely something to consider. I would worry about that if I drove on It daily but I don't drive that much in the winter. There are open-stall car washes and attachments for washing under the car, and waterless car wash products for everything else 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I've lived in the Midwest my whole life, so don't know any better..... spring, summer, and especially fall, are for driving. Winter, well that's for skiing and working on the cars.

Get yourself a well set up and spacious shop with heat and enjoy winter.

20220731_130947.jpg

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Your buddy is right, you'd be crazy to get rid of the car!

Living in New England, I have always parked my fun car (whatever it happens to be) for the winter months (typically December through March). To save a few dollars, I suspend the insurance while it is parked (except for comprehensive). Other than some on-going battles with mice, I have never had a problem with storing the car.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I was out in WY a few summers ago. The highways out there are immaculate! Flat, straight, smooth, no potholes, no defects, etc. And an average speed of 80MPH. I would kill to drive those roads with my GT350 for even a few months. Imagine driving on such a road for 30,40, 50 miles or more, doing 80 mph, in 2nd or 3rd gear, 7K-8K rpms, with the exhaust wide open. What a rush that would be! 🤩

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Moving to a state like Wyoming IS THE REASON you buy/own a performance car.

Get out of this God-forsaken state and bring your 350 with you.

I also like the idea of getting rid of the somewhat soft powerband in the form of twin turbos. :) Boost is an addiction that will never go away, so beware lol.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yea a long dirt road would make the choice selling pretty easy for me.
I don't know why. It's a car. I have a longish gravel driveway. The car takes a lot more wear and tear on the track than it does driven gently on a gravel road.
Sponsored