Sponsored

Regrets in Buying Mustang, It's Too Nice!

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
I know this has been mentioned before, but I am the worst type of owner of a nice car. I just cannot force myself to drive it for fear of it getting dirty, getting wet, or getting damaged.

I live in the country, on a long gravel driveway, surrounded by corn fields. I have 31 acres that we keep full of livestock for our own personal needs. I needed a farm truck. So I got a 2015 F150 Lariat. I needed a truck and went looking for an F150 but then got caught up in all the fancy options that I was never offered before. My previous truck was a 2000 F-250 XLT. I wasn't planning on getting a fancy truck, but it was hard to say no.

Anyway, after hauling a load of hay and getting the inside of my truck covered in mud and dung, I decided I needed something different, this truck is too nice to use for this. Well always being a Mustang guy I figured, I would get a Mustang as my daily driver, and get an older farm truck for hauling. Well here I am 2 months into the purchase of my 2021 Mustang GT, and I am at work, and my car is sitting in my garage, and I am driving the spare car because of a chance of rain. I am paying a fortune for a car that I don't want to drive, and I just cannot force myself to do any different. I literally go out an dust it off nightly in the garage, and have washed it more times than I have driven it.

Even as a kid, I took extra good care of my stuff, almost to the point of not enjoying it, and I am doing the same now. To add to this, even on perfect days, I usually wind up riding my motorcycle.

I honestly can't think of a more first world problem then this....:crackup:
I get that feeling more when I've just washed my car.

And maybe I'm totally weird, as much as I love driving my mustang I'm perfectly happy not driving it while having a huge grin on my face with the knowledge that I have a gorgeous car that has class and style and didn't cost $100k
Sponsored

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I get that feeling more when I've just washed my car.

And maybe I'm totally weird, as much as I love driving my mustang I'm perfectly happy not driving it while having a huge grin on my face with the knowledge that I have a gorgeous car that has class and style and didn't cost $100k
You are not at all weird. I love sneaking peaks at mine in the garage on days when I'm not driving it.

Before I bought a Mustang I spent a year driving all kinds of things: Porshes, Jaguars, Mazdas, etc. I really thought I wanted a Porsche... but once I drove one I realized that it's not really any more fun than a mustang for 2-3x the price. That doesn't mean you don't get more... I just didn't feel like it was worth it.

The value proposition for mustangs is awesome. I picked up my new 2019 GT PP1 for only $36k - I don't think anything else on the market can compare for those $$.

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
The car IS nice but also too refined IMO. It doesn’t feel like raw Americana anymore. Blame it on the rebirth of Camaro/Challenger or the now “world car” status of Mustang.

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The car IS nice but also too refined IMO. It doesn’t feel like raw Americana anymore. Blame it on the rebirth of Camaro/Challenger or the now “world car” status of Mustang.
Seriously? My 2019 GT PP1 with a 6MT feels pretty dang raw. It doesn't feel all that different from my '96 Mustang or my 2002 WRX (which was one of the first ones they brought over and wasn't at all refined).

I drove 700 miles in the mountains over 2 days last weekend... and my body (especially my hands) definitely thought the car was pretty "raw" (everything was throbbing pretty good!).

arigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 eco pp mustang
my view from the new coupe...i'm 67..never had a new car..last one was a beat up 08 vert that i babied back to a nice ride...kinda miss it... but since i threw down 39k on a special order 2020 hpp
s550..i feel your pain but wth ..you saving this for a heirloom? dude go drive the heck out of it...bring it home wash it cover it up till day after tommorrow and go out there and do it again :D

Sponsored

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
Seriously? My 2019 GT PP1 with a 6MT feels pretty dang raw. It doesn't feel all that different from my '96 Mustang or my 2002 WRX (which was one of the first ones they brought over and wasn't at all refined).

I drove 700 miles in the mountains over 2 days last weekend... and my body (especially my hands) definitely thought the car was pretty "raw" (everything was throbbing pretty good!).
Lolololololol. yes it definitely gets your adrenaline going even with good manners! I still have a very nice ‘96 and it is a fun cruiser but if you try to push it, it’ll definitely push back. I just don’t guess I’ve “pushed” an S550 to the point of it pushing back... it exudes confidence instead. Which isn’t a bad thing by no means.

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Lolololololol. yes it definitely gets your adrenaline going even with good manners! I still have a very nice ‘96 and it is a fun cruiser but if you try to push it, it’ll definitely push back. I just don’t guess I’ve “pushed” an S550 to the point of it pushing back... it exudes confidence instead. Which isn’t a bad thing by no means.
Put it in track mode to turn the nannies off - it can get loose real quick

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
I've learned to accept the wear and tear because I bought it to enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it yourself the next owner will forsure. Plus it builds character 😂

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
It's just a Mustang. They may seem nice when new but you'll realize that they're a cheap car built cheaply and you should just drive it and enjoy it. It's not a 911R, don't treat it like one.

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I feel the same way about my car. A lot more when I had just got the car and somewhat still do. I got rokblokz to help with the paint chips along the side of the car. You should consider them, trust me they work. I also felt that I got much more at ease after a recent experience. My brother's a mechanic and his shop brought in a shelby gt 350 1967 or 68 recently for some work. That car was absolutely stunning and thats not what surprised me. I have seen the shelby movie and the ford vs ferrari movie and what I took away from those movies was that these cars are meant to be driven and driven hard. I thought it was something cool to say lol and did not take it seriously. But when that gt 350 came in, I saw them drive the car in person and I realized that car was seriously quicker than mine. Watching it in a movie was one thing, but watching it in person was quite an insane experience, here was this incredibly beautiful shelby that was taking off like a rocket!!! and it sounded insane lol. I almost cried tears of happiness!! I felt that a car like the mustang, new or old is meant to be driven fast and enjoyed. That day it really clicked for me and I've been driving my car the way its meant to be driven, once the engine has warmed up enough haha.
Enjoy them guys.

shelby gt 350.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-05 at 10.26.47 AM.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Oh, oh yes. The 2015+ cars are much, much more refined. Quieter, smoother, kinda softish, planted.

I had a 2012 GT with the Brembo Pack, and that car was actively trying to kill me. No suspension sophistication, Coyote power, but also pretty quiet and smooth on decent roads. But still......actively trying to kill me. Much more exciting than my 2016 & 2019.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, oh yes. The 2015+ cars are much, much more refined. Quieter, smoother, kinda softish, planted.

I had a 2012 GT with the Brembo Pack, and that car was actively trying to kill me. No suspension sophistication, Coyote power, but also pretty quiet and smooth on decent roads. But still......actively trying to kill me. Much more exciting than my 2016 & 2019.
I felt this way when I went on one of my first cruises with my 2016GT... I was trying to catch up on a hwy stretch, looked down and saw I was going 90, smooth as butter. It's a tricky balance between having newer technology and yet keeping that raw feel.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I feel the same way about my car. A lot more when I had just got the car and somewhat still do. I got rokblokz to help with the paint chips along the side of the car. You should consider them, trust me they work. I also felt that I got much more at ease after a recent experience. My brother's a mechanic and his shop brought in a shelby gt 350 1967 or 68 recently for some work. That car was absolutely stunning and thats not what surprised me. I have seen the shelby movie and the ford vs ferrari movie and what I took away from those movies was that these cars are meant to be driven and driven hard. I thought it was something cool to say lol and did not take it seriously. But when that gt 350 came in, I saw them drive the car in person and I realized that car was seriously quicker than mine. Watching it in a movie was one thing, but watching it in person was quite an insane experience, here was this incredibly beautiful shelby that was taking off like a rocket!!! and it sounded insane lol. I almost cried tears of happiness!! I felt that a car like the mustang, new or old is meant to be driven fast and enjoyed. That day it really clicked for me and I've been driving my car the way its meant to be driven, once the engine has warmed up enough haha.
Enjoy them guys.

shelby gt 350.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-05 at 10.26.47 AM.jpeg
My wife and I went on a group ride this morning with a couple of vipres, corvette's, Mustangs old and new and no one was babying their car. The vipre did a burn out in front of me. We pushed the Shelby pretty much the whole way and it was a satisfying drive for sure.... The sound alone...
Sponsored