Sponsored

Regret selling my DIB! What's the second-best option?

mustangshopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I posted here a while back when I was shopping for a '16 Mustang. I ended up with a DIB Ecoboost Premium with a ceramic interior, and it was absolutely perfect. I loved the car to death and babied it. Long story short, my fiance pushed me into selling it since he thought having two cars was "wasteful" and that it wasn't practical enough. I regret this decision more than I can express and am still furious I let myself be pushed into it...please don't bash me about it. :doh:

Anyway, I decided that since it's my money, he doesn't get to control what I do or drive. I went shopping again and found out the DIB was replaced by Lightning Blue. It's nice in its own way, but I find myself missing the DIB. The Kona looks a lot darker and more violet to me. I also wasn't too happy about the hood vents that got added to the 2018. I found one '15 DIB Eco Premium ceramic in another state; I could fly over to see it, or buy it based on the pictures and have it shipped here (for a pretty reasonable fee). Or, I could get a 2018 Lightning Blue/Kona, or a 2017 Kona (since dealers in my area don't have any premium LBs).

Thoughts? I want to start counting down my Mustang-less days.
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Color choice is highly subjective, but here is what I think about Kona. When I first saw it on the internet it just looked like a slightly different dark blue, no real change from DIB. However, up close it is much more metallic/purple. I'm not saying it is purple, but the metallic has a distinct purplish hue that gives it a lot of depth. I've never been a dark blue fan, but I find Kona is growing on me.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Get the DIB Premium with ceramic interior like you had before.

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
If he thought having two cars was "wasteful", find new fiance.

I'm available. I have 6 cars; one being a Deep Impact Blue '16 GT. ;)

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
It does seem a little odd a fiance would not want you to have your own mode of transportation, but that's just me ... Regardless, as someone else suggested, why not find one like you had? You'd pay less and have exactly what you wanted.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
No kidding, single? Lol.

Oh and Grabber Blue is sexy.

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Manual V6 Mustang Coupe
Sorry you got talked out of a car you loved.:(

I am currently looking at possibly getting an '18 GT, and had a similar reaction to Kona Blue that [MENTION=29279]TomcatDriver[/MENTION] had. While I don't see the purple aspect, I also didn't think much of it from pictures, but in person it is much nicer, and I am actually considering it as an acceptable color. But my absolute favorite color is Ruby Red Metallic. Which brings me to my next point.

I am selling my absolutely immaculate 2016 Ruby Red V6 Manual Coupe. You can see it here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99891
You want to talk about babying a car...(please read the ad)
I'm asking less than what it says in the ad. Still only 2,500 miles on it. And if you're within a reasonable distance from Central NJ, I may even be talked into delivering the car to your driveway (or meeting you half way, if you're further away). Shoot me a PM and we'll talk.
And I promise not to hit on you (coming up on 36th wedding anniversary; together for a total of over 42 years).:)
And I promise to keep my mouth shut about relationship advice.:)
No matter what you decide, good luck...with everything.

AGM2018

First of all, I applaud your decision to buy what you want with your own dinero...it is yours...not his...you earn your dinero...you spend it on what you decide. Next point, I know you have your "heart" set upon DIB with ceramic interior and you mentioned you don't like the new hood scoops on the 18 EB's; however, unless you have decided you don't want to spend the dinero to buy a new EB, the 18 EB is much improved over the previous 15-17 generation.

I test drove 15, 16 and 17 EB's, as well as rented a 15 EB several times for multi day trips. After test driving the 18 EB on three different occasions for 20 or so minutes each time (I test drove all configurations as well: base, base PP, premium non PP and premium PP, before electing to purchase a premium PP), in my opinion, the 18 EB is much improved and a better car. If you may live with another exterior color and/or interior color, the 18 EB is my recommendation to you. But, of course....your mileage may vary! Good luck to you in whatever you decide to do...and welcome back to driving a Mustang...a true American Classic,,,with any engine or transmission!:thumbsup::)

I posted here a while back when I was shopping for a '16 Mustang. I ended up with a DIB Ecoboost Premium with a ceramic interior, and it was absolutely perfect. I loved the car to death and babied it. Long story short, my fiance pushed me into selling it since he thought having two cars was "wasteful" and that it wasn't practical enough. I regret this decision more than I can express and am still furious I let myself be pushed into it...please don't bash me about it. :doh:

Anyway, I decided that since it's my money, he doesn't get to control what I do or drive. I went shopping again and found out the DIB was replaced by Lightning Blue. It's nice in its own way, but I find myself missing the DIB. The Kona looks a lot darker and more violet to me. I also wasn't too happy about the hood vents that got added to the 2018. I found one '15 DIB Eco Premium ceramic in another state; I could fly over to see it, or buy it based on the pictures and have it shipped here (for a pretty reasonable fee). Or, I could get a 2018 Lightning Blue/Kona, or a 2017 Kona (since dealers in my area don't have any premium LBs).

Spike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spike
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Mustang Fastback2016
Why get rid of the car when you could of got rid of the G/F ? they can be more expensive than running a Mustang ! Joking aside Brother I feel your Pain and I'm sure you'll work it out and be back in the saddle soon.:)

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Of all the blues, Kona is my favorite. Has very nice depth to it, and changes hue in different lighting, giving the car lots of character. However, I think you should get the color you really want, otherwise you will always have a bit of regret.

I bought my GT350 from out of state, flew out to pick up the car with my dad, and we drove it back together. 1600 mile trip that was totally awesome.

If you consider the out of state car, you might also consider flying out and driving it back.

-T

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
What I will say is, DON"T SETTLE FOR LESS THAN WHAT YOU WANT!!! Do YOU work? Do YOU contribute to the household? Then get what YOU want. I love the sh*t out of my DIB '16 GT PP and couldn't possibly think about getting rid of it. I spoil that car almost as much as my ridiculously spoiled, little brunette fiance.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Ignoring the colour choice, I just like the fact that you're now off to buy what YOU want.
Good for you!

Keep us posted on developments...

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
DIB > any other color ever!

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
Relationship issues aside - It's highly likely that you will only be truly satisfied if you end up back in a DIB. Since they're not currently in production, search the country for a low miles (possibly certified) DIB ceramic, buy a one way ticket, and drive it home :)

Or wait a couple of years - Ford will almost certainly cycle through DIB again in the near future.
Sponsored