Sponsored

Red calipers Awwful !! need to make them black

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Any Ideas how to get these God awful Red Calipers to a different color !! Looks like christmas car !! with an open spoke wheel they really stick out bad i cant take it !!!
Sponsored

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Paint?

OP
OP

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
I was thinking maybe powdercoat or maybe trade someone with a pp1 gt

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Trade em. The red is a very love it / list it color. I like them, but you are not the first to note that they stick out a bit.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
He's got red Brembos on all four corners. Can't just trade with a PP1 not to mention there are differences in the braking systems.
If the red bothers you that much your option is paint them with caliper spray paint and some new decals. Lot's of info on the forum about painting them.

My car has the black Brembos with the red lettering on the front and the ugly Ford ones on the rear. I thought about painting mine but the black has grown on me. Plus the rear calipers do not deserve to have any attention brought to them. I think the Bullitt looks ridiculous with those ugly rear calipers painted bright red. Now if the rears were actually Brembos then it wouldn't be an issue for me.

Sponsored

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
He's got red Brembos on all four corners. Can't just trade with a PP1 not to mention there are differences in the braking systems.
If the red bothers you that much your option is paint them with caliper spray paint and some new decals. Lot's of info on the forum about painting them.

My car has the black Brembos with the red lettering on the front and the ugly Ford ones on the rear. I thought about painting mine but the black has grown on me. Plus the rear calipers do not deserve to have any attention brought to them. I think the Bullitt looks ridiculous with those ugly rear calipers painted bright red. Now if the rears were actually Brembos then it wouldn't be an issue for me.
Rear GT brakes between the PP cars, the bullet and regular GT's are all the same, only difference is the paint color on them. I have PP2 front brakes on my base GT. Anyone with PP brakes should be able to swap calipers with the bullet.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Rear GT brakes between the PP cars, the bullet and regular GT's are all the same, only difference is the paint color on them. I have PP2 front brakes on my base GT. Anyone with PP brakes should be able to swap calipers with the bullet.
Yes, I stand corrected. I was thinking he was referring to his Shelby and I didn't notice this post is in the Bullitt forum. My bad.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
No worries, I’ve definitely done the same before

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
And to think I just got a 350R just to get red calipers because I liked em so much on my Bullitt.....

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Sponsored

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
I couldn't stand the red either; mine are now Audi Nardo Gray with black Brembo stencils.

Gaymuv0h.jpg

fVPpi1Yh.jpg

UWDpdxzh.jpg

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I have been wishing someone local would be wanting the same thing and trade lol. I’ve been wanting to pull the trigger on a red set and sell my black ones to recoup as much as I can. Getting them PC cost the same as buying new and reselling my current back ones.

Sound Wave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary Limited Edition MT
Vehicle Showcase
Different tastes. I love the red calipers on the Bullitts. I have the black with white lettering on my 50th limited edition. They blend in too much. You have to get pretty close to notice them.

I don't want to paint them though since I am trying to keep the car relatively stock.
Sponsored