Sponsored

Recommended Jack Stands for GT350

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I've owned these for the longest time but was wondering if anyone else thought they were ideal for our model.

https://www.sears.com/craftsman-prof...p-00950163000P

I believe ours is more of a true pinch and I'd prefer to rebuy some jack stands that have the indentation in the middle where the pinch would sit secure. However, if it does not matter than I'm partial okay with how the design of the ones that I own are.

What's everyone's thoughts? I'm considering purchasing 4 new jack stands that have the V indentation in the center such as the one below:
https://www.amazon.com/OTC-5372-Sti..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=R123PF5NNZ7X9DSPRQVH

Just using the stands to lift the car up for wheel or caliper maintenance. Will not use for any under body work.
Sponsored

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Esco flat-top jack stands work great on the pinch welds with or without a slotted "puck" on top, and they have the most stable base design of any jack stand I've used.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Honestly...whatever. I have a set just like that, just 3 ton instead of 4. Some of us jack up a car on stands like that more than some people will jack up a car in their entire lives.

Very true .

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Honestly...whatever. I have a set just like that, just 3 ton instead of 4. Some of us jack up a car on stands like that more than some people will jack up a car in their entire lives.
Exactly the same for me. 3 ton. I don’t like lugging around anything heavier. I have the Steeda jacking rails and you can get the car up on 4 stands in a jif.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Esco flat-top jack stands work great on the pinch welds with or without a slotted "puck" on top, and they have the most stable base design of any jack stand I've used.
Same. They’re pretty widely known as one of the better jack stands. Just be aware they make two different heights.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Yep. I love the combo of the Esco stands with the Steeda rails. I jack in the middle, put one stand on the rail at the front, and then put the second stand on each side at the pinch weld on the rear - which gives (IMO) a more stable base than placing both on the rail, though that does work unless you're pulling the motor or otherwise dramatically shifting the weight balance.

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
Treating myself to some new stands. Love the look of the Esco but I only want something made in the USA. Any suggestions for USA product that works well on the GT350?

Sponsored

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Treating myself to some new stands. Love the look of the Esco but I only want something made in the USA. Any suggestions for USA product that works well on the GT350?
I believe the only jack stands that you will find that is made exclusively in the U.S.A. are those by U.S. Jack and Norco. Other companies, including Hein-Werner, tout "assembled in USA". These are jack stands that get their parts from overseas and then assembled here. Some are a hybrid of U.S. made parts and overseas parts.

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
I believe the only jack stands that you will find that is made exclusively in the U.S.A. are those by U.S. Jack and Norco. Other companies, including Hein-Werner, tout "assembled in USA". These are jack stands that get their parts from overseas and then assembled here. Some are a hybrid of U.S. made parts and overseas parts.
Thank you!

melown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R / '13 GTI

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. I love the combo of the Esco stands with the Steeda rails. I jack in the middle, put one stand on the rail at the front, and then put the second stand on each side at the pinch weld on the rear - which gives (IMO) a more stable base than placing both on the rail, though that does work unless you're pulling the motor or otherwise dramatically shifting the weight balance.

Cannot get a mental picture of this, assuming write up has a missing event. Sounds like a 3 legged stool as posted?

Pep
Sponsored