Sponsored

Recommendations for dealer service north of San Francisco

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
Anyone has dealer recommendations for warranty service in Marin or Sonoma county? Maybe even Alameda/Contra Costa county? Thanks
Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Only experience with Ford dealers has been in Concord, Fairfield, Vacaville, Dixon, and Folsom. The only one that I allow to touch my cars is Folsom. The rest were of little or no use to me. Either rude service writers or unable to provide good service. Folsom has always been good to me in all categories.

I do not waste my time with any business that does not provide properly. I guess my commitment to providing better products and service to my clients over my working career has made me this way. Life is too short to waste time with jag offs that don't know what they are doing. And there are people out there who know what they are doing and want to earn your business. When you find them give them your business. The others? Give them THE business and let everyone know how poorly they do.

OP
OP
OutWest

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only experience with Ford dealers has been in Concord, Fairfield, Vacaville, Dixon, and Folsom. The only one that I allow to touch my cars is Folsom. The rest were of little or no use to me. Either rude service writers or unable to provide good service. Folsom has always been good to me in all categories.

I do not waste my time with any business that does not provide properly. I guess my commitment to providing better products and service to my clients over my working career has made me this way. Life is too short to waste time with jag offs that don't know what they are doing. And there are people out there who know what they are doing and want to earn your business. When you find them give them your business. The others? Give them THE business and let everyone know how poorly they do.
Hi Paul, thanks for your thoughtful response. Yes, rude service writers seem to be the norm. Is this Ford specific? Because I haven’t experienced such behavior with the other blanda of cars that I own

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Hi Paul, thanks for your thoughtful response. Yes, rude service writers seem to be the norm. Is this Ford specific? Because I haven’t experienced such behavior with the other blanda of cars that I own
Yes, all Ford dealerships since 1982. Some no longer in business. Kind of been a Ford guy since '78. Until I bought a diesel truck in 2001. I keep my stuff until the junk man won't give me 50 bucks for it. Do most of my own maintenance and repair. Started out of college as an A&P mechanic. Have always loved things that burn gas and diesel. Hope to die before I am forced into an electric. I taught my daughter and wife how to listen to machines. They talk to me and tell me what kind of love they want and need. And they have learned, too. My 30+ year old daughter does her own oil changes, brakes, and has even done a timing belt on a PT Cruiser (not the easiest) by herself with me only watching over her.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I live in Novato and Marin Co Ford is not bad.

Henry Curtis in Petaluma is great. It’s owned by Hansel FYI.

Hansel Ford in Santa Rosa sux though. I would never take my car for service or buy any car there. The fleet guy is great but all walk up business experiences really sucked.

good luck.

mid you need any non dealership work done Trent Musser at Sonoma Raceway is the Man. Tell him I sent you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
OutWest

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I live in Novato and Marin Co Ford is not bad.

Henry Curtis in Petaluma is great. It’s owned by Hansel FYI.

Hansel Ford in Santa Rosa sux though. I would never take my car for service or buy any car there. The fleet guy is great but all walk up business experiences really sucked.

good luck.

mid you need any non dealership work done Trent Musser at Sonoma Raceway is the Man. Tell him I sent you.
Thanks. I’ll try Henry Curtis. The Marin Co Ford was not that welcoming. They care more about the clients who bought extended service contracts with them. Not very comforting when one of the first question is whether I bought the car from them

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
I bought my car at Henry Curtis and have taken it there for maintenance and have been satisfied with service, even though I live in Santa Rosa. Hansel Ford would be more convenient for me to use if I needed to; I worked there decades ago and it wasn't that great.

OP
OP
OutWest

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought my car at Henry Curtis and have taken it there for maintenance and have been satisfied with service, even though I live in Santa Rosa. Hansel Ford would be more convenient for me to use if I needed to; I worked there decades ago and it wasn't that great.
Thanks for posting about your experience. Helps a lot
Sponsored