askaskj2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Hello,
So far I've done the ford power pack 2 with BMR IRS bushings and subframe alignment kit from steeda. I've got roush exhaust as well.
I got some money I could spend, roughly around $1000. At first I was considering to swap the intake manifold to 2018 and getting tune from lund or vmp.
However, I was recently watching youtube videos and some suggested that I should really work on my suspension.
I'am a daily driver, I don't race or drag. I don't have a desire to go full NA but I eventually do desire a supercharger in couple years.
I wanted to do something that will increase overall performance (not necessarily increasing horsepower). If I am going to slap a supercharger on, I thought it would be beneficial to do something along the lines of a supporting mod for a supercharger. What are some recommendations?
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Below is the summary of the part we use on a typical Supercharged Mustang build, but here are some highlights. The Dual Rate Springs are a great option - they are the same springs we used on our Steve McQueen SuperCharged Cars ... among others.

Would also recommend our Steeda Pro-Action shocks & struts.

These are the latest in shock technology. They have velocity-sensitive valving so that the valving of the shock/strut changes instantly depending on the frequency of the impact.

What this means is when carving corners and high-speed driving, the car has great handling without any ā€˜floatinessā€™ that the OE shocks/struts have, but when you hit any bumps or potholes, the valving instantly soften so that you have a great ride.

Our team has put these on many Mustangs, ... and the ride is even better than stock! Rodney, our build expert has them on his car & he loves them.

All the supercharged Mustang Coupes that we build get our famous Steeda Ultimate ā€œStop the hopā€ package. You have several of the components for the IRS Liste above ... but there is room to go further!

Let me know if I can put you in contact with Rodney to discuss your build - there are several routes you could go ... understanding the handling is the most important at this point & your budget.

TJ

RangersGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Below is the summary of the part we use on a typical Supercharged Mustang build, but here are some highlights. The Dual Rate Springs are a great option - they are the same springs we used on our Steve McQueen SuperCharged Cars ... among others.

These are the latest in shock technology. They have velocity-sensitive valving so that the valving of the shock/strut changes instantly depending on the frequency of the impact.

What this means is when carving corners and high-speed driving, the car has great handling without any ā€˜floatinessā€™ that the OE shocks/struts have, but when you hit any bumps or potholes, the valving instantly soften so that you have a great ride.

Our team has put these on many Mustangs, ... and the ride is even better than stock! Rodney, our build expert has them on his car & he loves them.

All the supercharged Mustang Coupes that we build get our famous Steeda Ultimate ā€œStop the hopā€ package. You have several of the components for the IRS Liste above ... but there is room to go further!

Let me know if I can put you in contact with Rodney to discuss your build - there are several routes you could go ... understanding the handling is the most important at this point & your budget.

TJ
My car is almost all Steeda bolt-ons. The tune, CAI, Pro-action struts and shocks, Stop-the-Hop, subframe connectors, the only other mod is Ford Performance track pack strings and bars and MBRP exhaust. Car handles incredibly well and has a noticeable improvement not in just the engine feels but the trans. Good luck!

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
Get a passenger side catch can while you're at it. That should be the mandatory first mod on these cars.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited

TJ
In checking out this thread, I have done so many mods over the years.

Can your Pro-Action shocks and struts be used on the stock springs? I do not want to lower my car. I am likely only keeping it until the Mach 1 comes in. This is for my '16 GT 6 speed manual trqnsmission. 355 axle just a tune.

Thanks!

Sponsored

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Springs,struts, and sway bars.

RangersGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
In checking out this thread, I have done so many mods over the years.

Can your Pro-Action shocks and struts be used on the stock springs? I do not want to lower my car. I am likely only keeping it until the Mach 1 comes in. This is for my '16 GT 6 speed manual trqnsmission. 355 axle just a tune.

Thanks!
The Pro-Action shocks and struts are about 1K. I would not go that route if youā€™re looking at the Mach1. It should be out late Spring. Not my money.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
18 manifold, Flex/E85 tune. If manual, MGW shifter + BG Syncroshift fluid swap.

Suspension varies based on what you want to do. Mine is a very daily driver friendly setup but I can definitely push it more if I want to.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Hows your 16' liking that Ford stage 2 kit? mine hates it.
Why do you hate it? Before going FI I had FPPP3 and liked it a lot, pulled like crazy. Always thought 2 would be nice and torquey still with a pretty good top end. Just have to get used to the rattle at tip-in.

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Why do you hate it? Before going FI I had FPPP3 and liked it a lot, pulled like crazy. Always thought 2 would be nice and torquey still with a pretty good top end. Just have to get used to the rattle at tip-in.

My engine has pinging/detonation with the kit. It's pretty bad at lower rpms. Spent months trying to fix it. Just determined the timing is too aggresive for my particular engine and how it runs. Not safe.

What do you think that rattle is?

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
My engine has pinging/detonation with the kit. It's pretty bad at lower rpms. Spent months trying to fix it. Just determined the timing is too aggresive for my particular engine and how it runs. Not safe.

What do you think that rattle is?
Definitely pinging but only briefly at tip-in and went away at higher revs, also on Cali 91. FP swears itā€™s not a problem, I believed them since it was warrantied through 3/36, and the owners manual talks briefly about light ping. However, I did have octane adjust on....if off Iā€™m sure it would ping worse.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Definitely pinging but only briefly at tip-in and went away at higher revs, also on Cali 91. FP swears itā€™s not a problem, I believed them since it was warrantied through 3/36, and the owners manual talks briefly about light ping. However, I did have octane adjust on....if off Iā€™m sure it would ping worse.

Hmm.. never tried octane adjust. Just been using boostane to help reduce it. Not a long term solution. Summer is the worst.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Hmm.. never tried octane adjust. Just been using boostane to help reduce it. Not a long term solution. Summer is the worst.
I see youā€™re in Cali like I am. OA is the key to keep the rattle at bay. Would be interesting to compare your timing and KR with OA on w no boostane vs off with boostane.

I use boostane when I turn OA off, I agree it does great. I never turned it off with PP3 but then again didnā€™t use octane booster.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I see youā€™re in Cali like I am. OA is the key to keep the rattle at bay. Would be interesting to compare your timing and KR with OA on w no boostane vs off with boostane.

I use boostane when I turn OA off, I agree it does great. I never turned it off with PP3 but then again didnā€™t use octane booster.

Stupid question but to do the OA do I need to start the car before toggling it on? Or just the start ignition button and plug in the procal tool.
Sponsored