Received an offer from Vroom that I could not refuse

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
My Gotta-have-it Green EB has been listed for 9 months at 3000 over what they paid me. Still hasn't sold. I'm tempted to buy it back at a healthy discount so they get burned twice.
And then sell it to them again, right?
Sponsored

Hostil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Reread the reviews about vroom first. Your gonna let someone take your car away without giving you anything?
Scammers in Vroom Trucks will be in every neighborhood like Amazon, picking up free cars???

Hawkeye1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, Tesla Mdl X, 911 GT3, V90, 911S, Z4
The process was not flawless but the price was right. They picked up my 2018 GT 350 today. Now I await payment. Show room condition with 7000 miles. Sales price $55,075.
Just for fun I ran my car through Vroom‘s website (2020 GT350). They offered exactly what I paid for it new, four months and 4,000 miles ago. I’m not selling, but it was a surprising offer. Zero depreciation.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Amazing to read the biggest thrill for some is the resale value of the car. Who can really enjoy the thing with that mindset, not me I can tell you.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
A car is a very expensive "experience" item (we'll ignore the whole transport utility because face it, any hunk of junk will get you A -> B) and to not just break even but make money on a rapidly depreciating asset is kinda cool. Everybody has a price. To get one's money back with interest and also net out all the mods and cost of labor is pretty damn tempting. Nobody "needs" a Mustang anyhow and it's quite rare for it to be the sole vehicle so the loss from one's personal inventory is no big deal.

Do I enjoy driving the Mustang? You bet. But I can buy another in a year or two without trying.

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
A car is a very expensive "experience" item (we'll ignore the whole transport utility because face it, any hunk of junk will get you A -> B) and to not just break even but make money on a rapidly depreciating asset is kinda cool. Everybody has a price. To get one's money back with interest and also net out all the mods and cost of labor is pretty damn tempting. Nobody "needs" a Mustang anyhow and it's quite rare for it to be the sole vehicle so the loss from one's personal inventory is no big deal.

Do I enjoy driving the Mustang? You bet. But I can buy another in a year or two without trying.
I think your overall statements hold true for "Mustangs". But we all know the 350/R isn't just a Mustang.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase

If you want to invest, get in the stock market or by a classic car. I drive my car all the time. I'm more worried about my crypto being worth 5x's what it is now in the next 2 years.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to invest, get in the stock market or by a classic car. I drive my car all the time. I'm more worried about my crypto being worth 5x's what it is now in the next 2 years.
Not the point. It's about the realization, in the current environment, that you can roughly break even after 2-3 years of fun in your exceptional car that's usually a rapidly depreciating asset. The temptation to sell is understandable, although obviously not what everyone would do.

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I was about to sell mine to Vroom (payoff=offer) but held back after reading so many negative reviews. I can't handle a car to a third party without payment.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I was about to sell mine to Vroom (payoff=offer) but held back after reading so many negative reviews. I can't handle a car to a third party without payment.
since you're in NJ go get a quote from AutoLendersGo.com. They are local.

Sponsored

tomservo92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Carvana offered me $28K for my 2015 GT with 32K on it. I decided to keep it instead.

Last edited:

Midnight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 convertible
Okay something really weird is going on, everybody else seems to be getting really great offers but I have a 19 GT convertible 5400 miles, Performance Pack 1, loaded with everything (401a, B&O, voice acivated, magneride, etc.) and Vroom offered me $21,500 for it. I'm aware they have to make money but the used car market hot right now how could I sell them a car the stickered for 59k for $21k. Even KBB trade is double their offer.
Sponsored

Last edited: