Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
How much money do you have so far?
I'm waiting on them to deposit it. It's a process and they lay it out for you from the start.
Sponsored

OP
OP
fpGT350

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
Yes, the process is not tradional and requires trust. Before they picked up the car, I had signed legal sales contract/documents that I found to be satisfactory. It's not a procedure I would ever follow with a private party. VROOM is a publicly-traded company with a market cap of $5.9 billion. FWIW, JP Morgan has an overweight rating on the stock. In other words, it's a real company.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yes, the process is not tradional and requires trust. Before they picked up the car, I had signed legal sales contract/documents that I found to be satisfactory. It's not a procedure I would ever follow with a private party. VROOM is a publicly-traded company with a market cap of $5.9 billion. FWIW, JP Morgan has an overweight rating on the stock. In other words, it's a real company.
Not to mention we have all the documentation of everything including where the car is going from when it was picked up.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
A real company with a seriously bad market plan. The idea is to buy low and sell high. Seems like they are missing the point.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
A real company with a seriously bad market plan. The idea is to buy low and sell high. Seems like they are missing the point.
Classic case of "not my problem". May be banking on this chip shortage and a huge market for used cars.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
'profits' have been dismissed as a consideration going on 10+ years for companies that are an "app" and "disruptive". Haven't you been paying attention? Vroom is burning investor/bank cash as fast as Nebuchadnezzar's fiery furnace. But until the banks call in the loans and the investors abandon the company, you'll still get paid since that timeframe is about 3-5 days at most.

Yeah I see just MASSIVE losses going forward where they take a mind-boggling bath on their dearly acquired inventory.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Just for fun, my 2016 R with 7400 miles got 54k at givemethevin, but the vroom came back with odometer issues ???

Some idiot at registration punched 20089 instead of 2089 when I titled the car back to MA... damn.
next odo check is at 2950...
This will give me grief, no?

Deleted member 35775

yeah, i for one appreciate "they [Vroom] missed the point" on my sale. i netted $5K and then purchased my GT350 the day after they picked up my car.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Just for fun, my 2016 R with 7400 miles got 54k at givemethevin, but the vroom came back with odometer issues ???

Some idiot at registration punched 20089 instead of 2089 when I titled the car back to MA... damn.
next odo check is at 2950...
This will give me grief, no?
had a similar issue out here in kalifornia a couple years back...had to bring dealer service records to DMV and they fixed it for me :wink:

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
had a similar issue out here in kalifornia a couple years back...had to bring dealer service records to DMV and they fixed it for me :wink:
Funny thing is, it shows only on Autocheck, Carfax shows ok... not sure why??

Jeffsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2008
The process was not flawless but the price was right. They picked up my 2018 GT 350 today. Now I await payment. Show room condition with 7000 miles. Sales price $55,075.
'profits' have been dismissed as a consideration going on 10+ years for companies that are an "app" and "disruptive". Haven't you been paying attention? Vroom is burning investor/bank cash as fast as Nebuchadnezzar's fiery furnace. But until the banks call in the loans and the investors abandon the company, you'll still get paid since that timeframe is about 3-5 days at most.

Yeah I see just MASSIVE losses going forward where they take a mind-boggling bath on their dearly acquired inventory.
agree. I think we’re back to the future of what I remember of the late 90’s and early 00’s but this isn’t the thread to expand on that.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
agree. I think we’re back to the future of what I remember of the late 90’s and early 00’s but this isn’t the thread to expand on that.
i dunno, it kinda is as it relates to the prices vroom is offering...

...it looks to me like a classic case of “take it in the shorts to gain market share” :wink:

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Has anyone selling to Carvana or Vroom kept tabs on their car to see if it actually sold for more than they got paid?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone selling to Carvana or Vroom kept tabs on their car to see if it actually sold for more than they got paid?
My Gotta-have-it Green EB has been listed for 9 months at 3000 over what they paid me. Still hasn't sold. I'm tempted to buy it back at a healthy discount so they get burned twice.
Sponsored