J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Hey guys and girls,

Once again looking for your helpful opinions and insights! I know there have been other threads on this debate before, but I am looking for your opinions on some details that I have not seen discussed before.

I was fortunate enough to be able to sit in an R today to see how the Recaros felt in person, as every 350 that has come in here has had the tech seats.

Ultimately, even though I am certainly not slim, the recaros are comfortable for me such that I now have a decision to make regarding which seats to choose.

Hoping that someone may be able to provide input on an few key points that I have:

- Cooled Seats: Wondering just how big a deal this feature would be. I've never owned a vehicle with them, so I've obviously survived without them! For those of you with the Recaros, do you find the suede inserts on the bottom and back of the seat make you sweat? Having never owned a vehicle with this material before, I am curious as to whether the suede would actually be cooler in real use or whether it would actually make you warmer and sweat more than say leather would.

- Power Adjustments: I've owned a WRX in the past with manual seats and never found them to be uncomfortable in regards to finding the best seating position, however the fully adjustable power seats in my AMG are quite neat as the seats are infinitely adjustable. For those of you with the Recaros, do you find that where the seat bottoms are not adjustable in regards to angle ever becomes uncomfortable?

Since I do not have the possibility of test driving a car or spending any time in the Recaros prior to purchase, I am hoping for some first hand feedback regarding their comfort levels over longer durations, or any possible negative aspects to them. I feel as though they suit the character of the car more, but there are no tracks here where I am, so if I order them they will be primarily for spirited driving.

On the other hand, if anyone with the tech package seats would like to chime in in regards to the seats comfort levels when driving spiritedly or how well they hold you in place that would also be hugely appreciated!

Putting my order in for my 350 in two weeks time when I get back from rotation, so looking forward to hearing all of your opinions!

Thanks again!

Justin
Sponsored

OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I can only speak to cooled and they are nice but not life changing by any means
How do you find the suede inserts though? Do they get too warm or make you sweat if you do not use the coolers?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
How do you find the suede inserts though? Do they get too warm or make you sweat if you do not use the coolers?
Before I answer does the car have a remote start?

Suede and leather are ok if the car has been in the son all day they may suck when you first get in but cooled seats wont change that. After that you will have the AC on..

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Cooled seats are really great, especially on a hot day. Rather than having to set the AC to kill and breathing all that super cold air, you can set the AC for a normal temperature and turn on the seat cooling. Plus, without seat cooling, your back will never cool off.

Also on a longer trip you will want cooling. I used them on a trip last winter. It was below zero outside, but after a few hours the seats get hot.

I've used the seat heaters a ton as well. Being from Canada, I'm assuming you will have some cold days. It's common here to be in the thirties in the morning but get into the 50s or 60s later in the day. I hate to skip driving on days like that. Obviously you can drive the car and be chilly. I found myself not needing a coat or able to wear a much lighter coat. Heated seats just make the car much more comfortable a lot more quickly.

Neither are needed, just like adjustment of the seat base is not needed, but they are nice to have. So is dual zone heating and cooling.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
If you fit well in the Recaros get them. Unfortunately I don't as they pinch my hips too much. (I'm 6'4" 225lbs) I had to go for the Tech seats.

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
Hey guys and girls,

Once again looking for your helpful opinions and insights! I know there have been other threads on this debate before, but I am looking for your opinions on some details that I have not seen discussed before.

I was fortunate enough to be able to sit in an R today to see how the Recaros felt in person, as every 350 that has come in here has had the tech seats.

Ultimately, even though I am certainly not slim, the recaros are comfortable for me such that I now have a decision to make regarding which seats to choose.

Hoping that someone may be able to provide input on an few key points that I have:

- Cooled Seats: Wondering just how big a deal this feature would be. I've never owned a vehicle with them, so I've obviously survived without them! For those of you with the Recaros, do you find the suede inserts on the bottom and back of the seat make you sweat? Having never owned a vehicle with this material before, I am curious as to whether the suede would actually be cooler in real use or whether it would actually make you warmer and sweat more than say leather would.

- Power Adjustments: I've owned a WRX in the past with manual seats and never found them to be uncomfortable in regards to finding the best seating position, however the fully adjustable power seats in my AMG are quite neat as the seats are infinitely adjustable. For those of you with the Recaros, do you find that where the seat bottoms are not adjustable in regards to angle ever becomes uncomfortable?

Since I do not have the possibility of test driving a car or spending any time in the Recaros prior to purchase, I am hoping for some first hand feedback regarding their comfort levels over longer durations, or any possible negative aspects to them. I feel as though they suit the character of the car more, but there are no tracks here where I am, so if I order them they will be primarily for spirited driving.

On the other hand, if anyone with the tech package seats would like to chime in in regards to the seats comfort levels when driving spiritedly or how well they hold you in place that would also be hugely appreciated!

Putting my order in for my 350 in two weeks time when I get back from rotation, so looking forward to hearing all of your opinions!

Thanks again!

Justin
I traded in a 2012 e63 amg biturbo for my g350. I had heated/cooled seats and as you said the seats were infinitely adjustable, and the active side bolsters were great.. that being said I had a hard time finding the sweet spot in the amg, and the leather makes me sticky/sweaty more than the Recaro's. I like the Recaro's alot better and have no problem with the range of adjustment they have, they hug you and make you feel connected. Coming from a similar car as you, I can say if you get the Recaro's you won't regret it.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
I have the cloth/manual adjustable Recaro's in my Track Pack GT350. I drove 800 miles in the first two days I owned the car, and my only (minor) complaint about the manually adjustable seats is the lack of a lumbar adjustment.

OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Before I answer does the car have a remote start?

Suede and leather are ok if the car has been in the son all day they may suck when you first get in but cooled seats wont change that. After that you will have the AC on..
I honestly don't know, I have never owned a manual vehicle with a remote start. It will be parked in a garage prior to use, and will not be driven to work or rarely ever parked in the sun.

I was more so referring to the heat that seat generates from your body after hours of continuous use, basically if you went on a longer drive.

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
I drove my brother in laws Mustang GT Premium (a week before I took delivery of my car) with leather manual Recaro seats from Fontana to San Diego (over 100 miles) and it was comfortable, no back aches or pain. The seats can be moved back and forth and the back support up and down and that's it. Don't get me wrong if I got the Track Pack, I would not have any complaints about the seats.

I then took delivery of my car Tech Pack (bought it for its creature comforts) from Fontana to Laguna Beach (give or take 70 miles), same snuggly fit and no back aches. The thing that I would say the about the Tech seats are it has the heat, cooling, back lumbar, electronic adjustments, adjustable head restraints and I have used them all depending of where I am traveling too.

Therefore if its going to be your daily driver, like me, i highly suggest the tech.

Good Luck!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Cooled seats are really great, especially on a hot day. Rather than having to set the AC to kill and breathing all that super cold air, you can set the AC for a normal temperature and turn on the seat cooling. Plus, without seat cooling, your back will never cool off.

Also on a longer trip you will want cooling. I used them on a trip last winter. It was below zero outside, but after a few hours the seats get hot.

I've used the seat heaters a ton as well. Being from Canada, I'm assuming you will have some cold days. It's common here to be in the thirties in the morning but get into the 50s or 60s later in the day. I hate to skip driving on days like that. Obviously you can drive the car and be chilly. I found myself not needing a coat or able to wear a much lighter coat. Heated seats just make the car much more comfortable a lot more quickly.

Neither are needed, just like adjustment of the seat base is not needed, but they are nice to have. So is dual zone heating and cooling.
I can say I will probably never have use for the heated seats since the car will only be driven on nicer days :D

Interesting note regarding the back of the seat; do you find the seats become too warm after several hours or during a longer drive if you do not use the coolers?

I should note that I will be ordering either the electronics package or convenience package on my 17, so whichever option I go with I will still have the dual zone climate!

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I honestly don't know, I have never owned a manual vehicle with a remote start. It will be parked in a garage prior to use, and will not be driven to work or rarely ever parked in the sun.

I was more so referring to the heat that seat generates from your body after hours of continuous use, basically if you went on a longer drive.
I think you will be fine in either case. Im tempted for the power seats but I know the recaros will have more resale.

OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
If you fit well in the Recaros get them. Unfortunately I don't as they pinch my hips too much. (I'm 6'4" 225lbs) I had to go for the Tech seats.
Interestingly enough, I'm 5'10" and between 235-240lbs and I didn't find the seats to be too tight, even though I am certainly slim in the hip area. I had assumed prior to trying them that they would be very tight and uncomfortable, but to my surprise they were actually pretty comfy.

OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I traded in a 2012 e63 amg biturbo for my g350. I had heated/cooled seats and as you said the seats were infinitely adjustable, and the active side bolsters were great.. that being said I had a hard time finding the sweet spot in the amg, and the leather makes me sticky/sweaty more than the Recaro's. I like the Recaro's alot better and have no problem with the range of adjustment they have, they hug you and make you feel connected. Coming from a similar car as you, I can say if you get the Recaro's you won't regret it.
Great feedback, and very apt considering our recent (current in my case) car history. I will ask you as I did the others, but do you find that the Recaros become too warm or make your back/legs/bottom too warm or sweaty after extended use or on longer drives?

OP
OP
J_Maher_AMG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I have the cloth/manual adjustable Recaro's in my Track Pack GT350. I drove 800 miles in the first two days I owned the car, and my only (minor) complaint about the manually adjustable seats is the lack of a lumbar adjustment.
So you never found any issues regarding the seats causing your back or legs or bottom to become too warm or sweaty after your extended drives?

Lucky for me I don't ever use the lumbar support, so that isn't an issue :)
Sponsored