Sponsored

Recaro Seats

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Anyone have any idea or Intel if Ford is eventually going to consider the optional Recaro in the RS but for the Mustang?

Apparently they offer a heated - not that important- and power Recaro seat on the Focus RS?

Black Leather RECARO® with Miko®-Dinamica inserts and with RS Logo. Heated, 8-Way Power Driver Seat (up/down, fore/aft, tilt/recline and power lumbar) (Included in RS2 Package)
Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Just my opinion but I feel the Recaro is supposed to be a race/performance oriented seat and is better off without all the motors etc.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I had the heated and powered Recaro's in my '13 Focus ST.
Those are the same as the RS seats. The ones with the harness holes are not available in the US.
I doubt they would retrofit since the seat sits MUCH higher than the Mustang seat.

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Mustang Recaros are better-You could swap power seat bases and lumbar parts over to your manual seats...it's been done, it's just work and money...

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Mustang Recaros are better-You could swap power seat bases and lumbar parts over to your manual seats...it's been done, it's just work and money...
Links?

Sponsored

OP
OP
obgod3

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I as just curious, the recaro's in my buddys 911 are bad ass and powered. Of course much more expensive. I dint know the RS didnt have the harness holes, thats a bigger deal for me in that case.

Not that she will but my wife might struggle with the recaros in the mustang....I cant sit in a car after she adjusts a seat..a little vertically challenged.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
search svtperformance message board. someone posted a how to thread on how convert to power using the seat base from a non recaro seat to do it in a s197 gt500, but the old and new recaros are mostly the same so it should still apply. even the power lumbar can be transfered over. lots of seat heater options available in the aftermarket.
Sponsored