17 GT350

slickwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
GT350, F-150
@Shawn78600 I had that one on my watch list. Almost called on it last week but then found one closer to home at the last minute.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
That color, performance blue, was my first choice. Couldn’t find one new last summer so I got a color on my short list, magnetic grey.
Congrats man, have a blast!

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I personally feel like the Recaros are more comfortable for anything other than long trips. Long trips, the bolsters tend to give me swamp ass and trucker nuts because I'm stuck for long periods of time with my legs close together.

Otherwise, for short(er) trips and spirited driving the Recaros are preferable to me. I do love heated seats in the winter (moreso than cooled seats in the Summer) but I don't drive or live in cold weather.

The other thing I can't stand about the GT350 recaros is the alcantara (yes, I'm one of the few who hates it). It's impossible to keep clean (it collects stuff just staring at it after you've vacuumed them). I'd have also preferred leather for the wear/tear on the bolster getting in and out and rubbing the edges of the high points.

But overall I'd still choose the Recaros cause....racecar. If I wanted daily driving comfort, I'd drive a Dodge.

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
That color, performance blue, was my first choice. Couldn’t find one new last summer so I got a color on my short list, magnetic grey.
Congrats man, have a blast!
Thanks a lot bud

Sponsored

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
I did not like the Recaro Seats, I thought they were uncomfortable, but I am 6' Tall and wide shoulders I felt squeezed, and it would detract from my enjoyment. Also getting in and out I felt was more difficult with the large bolsters.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I did not like the Recaro Seats, I thought they were uncomfortable, but I am 6' Tall and wide shoulders I felt squeezed, and it would detract from my enjoyment. Also getting in and out I felt was more difficult with the large bolsters.
This is a big thing - the Recaros are divisive because they aren't designed to fit a large number of body types like most car seats.

I'm also 6' and fairly wide shouldered. The side bolsters on the seat back just about hit me perfectly, but the bolsters on the seat bottom kind of pinch my hips.

Getting out sucks regardless because if you don't want the seat material to quickly wear or the bolster to break down, you've gotta be careful getting in and out. You kind of have to go up and out, otherwise you're dragging your ass over the bolster which will wreck it long-term. My seat looks pretty fresh but I've always taken great care with that.

I always tell people if they're going to daily the car, avoid the Recaros like the plague unless you're okay with them looking beat to hell after 15,000 miles.

Sponsored

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
I Love The Recaros! Then again.. I’m 5’8” 165. They fit me perfectly..

Ash1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Shelby GT350 Race Red
The car looks awesome. If you see a race red GT350 in the DFW area, it maybe me. I would get rid of the front license plate though.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I Love The Recaros! Then again.. I’m 5’8” 165. They fit me perfectly..
I believe you nailed it Rich. when I bought my Shelby with Recaro seats I was 5’- 8” @ 185 lbs. and the seats were a bit snug. I lost weight and am currently @ 150 lbs. and the seats have a bit of slop now.
Need to gain weight for Recaro Safety Reasons to get back to 165 lbs.
Pass me the beer and carbs please.... it’s a safety issue!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
Performance Blue with white stripes.... YUCK...!!!!
Only an idiot would pick that color combo!

IDIOT DISCLAIMER
I’m a fellow IDIOT... we did good!
Ok A hole

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
The car looks awesome. If you see a race red GT350 in the DFW area, it maybe me. I would get rid of the front license plate though.
Right after the pic I did , I live in Euless area
Sponsored