Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
If you can fit in them it’s a no brainer. They belong in this car and are very comfortable. The also look incredible

Soms how i thin
Yeah... I believe that may have been my fault!
(Would age and flexibility have anything to do with your assessment Greg....???)

Nothing could be truer... this guy is Spot On...!!!

I bought the car in August of '19 and was 185 lbs. at only 5'-8", and the seats were snug.
I am now 150 lbs. (gave up beer Dammit) with the same height obviously, and the seats have a little bit of slop... I love these seats, but I could see how someone with a larger frame could find these seats too constrictive.

No beer, man that's taking one for the team LOL. Old but flexible, it's strictly a driving preference.

Now if sitting in an ejection seat, pulling the face curtain, restriction of movement is necessary, not driving the car.
Sponsored

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The GT350 cloth seats are pretty tight (5/11, 280lbs). The EB/GT/Bullitt Recaro's are very comfy if maybe a bit too wide and accommodating. My Camaro SS Recaro's are about perfect - some 'pinch' but not enough to bother. Track work requires a proper harness no matter the seat.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I love having heated and cooled seats in my F-150 and wanted same in my car. My GT350 will be a warm weather daily driver and road trip car so I wanted the "sofa" seats. My wife broke her back 10 years ago and has had pain issues ever since. We did a test fit in the Recaros a couple years ago and she gave a definite "no way" to them.
Slickwill, My wife has also had numerous back surguries and thats another reason we dont use the R to travel like we did with the Non R.

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I see a lot of people talking about tracking or not. Frankly, I think it depends on your size. If you are less than about 220 pounds, absolutely get the Recaros. They fit the car better. I can't see buying a sports car without them. They hold you in much better for spirited driving on the street and they are comfortable if you are not over the forementioned weight.

I suppose it also depends on your use of the car. For me, it is a "3rd car". I don't use it for long road trips, commutes to work, etc. I don't use it in the winter. I don't need (or want) heated and cooled seats in a sports car which is not a daily driver. If it is your daily, that is a different story and you may want these features.

Sponsored

mtrout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
What @mroad said, the standard seats are recaros, non power and not heated or cooled.

The optional seats are the recaro power heated cooled leather seats.
This isn't true (or, at least, it wasn't true of a 2018 GT350). Mine has the optional recaros, and they are neither heated nor cooled. I like the recaros very much, both for looks and feel. But I hate the alcantara with which they are usually covered, so had to go to the expense and trouble of having them recovered in leather. The standard seats with leather are very nice, and I doubt you would notice the difference.

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
This isn't true (or, at least, it wasn't true of a 2018 GT350). Mine has the optional recaros, and they are neither heated nor cooled. I like the recaros very much, both for looks and feel. But I hate the alcantara with which they are usually covered, so had to go to the expense and trouble of having them recovered in leather. The standard seats with leather are very nice, and I doubt you would notice the difference.

Look at the link I provided.

There are only two seats available for 2019 and up.

The cloth Recaros, not heated, not cooled, manually adjustable. These also have the integrated holes for over the shoulder racing harnesses.

Then there is the leather seats, heated, cooled, and power adjustable.

I think the term recaro’s are being throw around here in the wrong context as to what seats people are talking about.

Fast Dan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1968 GT500KR, 1972 Mach 1, 2014 GT/CS, 2019 GT/CS
I am a large person with very wide shoulders and personally I can't stand Recaro's.
I have a 2 California Special Convertibles (14 & 19) and enjoy the seats in both.
If you're a large person I suggest driving in both to decide and don't go with what someone suggests.
go with what is comfortable.

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I would suggest not turning down the car if everything else is great but you want to be a racer and have "racing seats".

My GT350 is as fast as a GT350 with Recaros and I can drive it faster and corner it harder than most people sitting in a Recaro because I can drive.

My GT350 looks like a GT350 and no one single person has ever walked up to it, sat down in it or gone for a ride and declared it something less than amazing because it did not have Recaros.

No one have ever said, "I thought you werre in a racecar but then I saw the seats and you did not have Recaros."

Sponsored
OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
I am a large person with very wide shoulders and personally I can't stand Recaro's.
I have a 2 California Special Convertibles (14 & 19) and enjoy the seats in both.
If you're a large person I suggest driving in both to decide and don't go with what someone suggests.
go with what is comfortable.
Thanks man

Hockeyfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt Magneride, electronics, pac, Steeda Jack rails, Weather Teck Floor liners, SunTek PPF full front
I have a 2020 Bullitt with the "standard seats ", leather with both heating and cooling features. I'll take them over the Recaro especially since I do not track or race the car.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I would suggest not turning down the car if everything else is great but you want to be a racer and have "racing seats".

My GT350 is as fast as a GT350 with Recaros and I can drive it faster and corner it harder than most people sitting in a Recaro because I can drive.

My GT350 looks like a GT350 and no one single person has ever walked up to it, sat down in it or gone for a ride and declared it something less than amazing because it did not have Recaros.

No one have ever said, "I thought you werre in a racecar but then I saw the seats and you did not have Recaros."
Could have not said it better thats exactly right sir thats how I felt with my 16 and 17 with the power heated/cooled leather comfortable seats.:like:

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks 😊 that helps man 👍🏼

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
Ebony Recaro Leather here for my 5'10" 205lb. carcass. I stay put.
Sponsored