Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Shawn, that appears to be a good find. While the Leather-trimmed Sport Seats are an upgrade, more importantly how did they feel when you sat in them. Have you had a chance to test drive it yet? For me Recaro’s were a deal breaker, had to have them. I track and they happen to fit me better. In my opinion also better looking. As much as I wanted to dislike the sport seat they were comfortable. So don’t let the seats deter you from a stellar car. You can’t lose with either really.
Hey I have had a chance to drive a Recaro seat gt350 but not the 2019 I’m buying that’s located 3 hrs away but going there tomorrow to check it out thanks 🙏🏼 and I will update what I decided thanks again
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
I've owned both (GT, but we're talking about the same seats). If you can, sit in both. I know that the Recaros can be tricky to find on dealer lots sometimes to try out in person.

I find they're both comfortable. I've done 7 hour road trips in the Recaros and they were great. I did a 5 1/2 hour trip a week and a half ago. The main advantage of the sofa sport seats is that its slightly easier to slide in and out because they don't have the side bolstering, and the heated feature is nice in some climates. The somewhat firmer cushioning didn't seem to cause the Recaros to be any less comfortable for me. You can feel a bit more of what the car is doing through the Recaros, but not in an unpleasant way. and the extra bolstering does hold you in place better while cornering.

The drivers side Recaro does move up and down as well as forward back and tilting the seat back (passenger side doesn't' have height adjustment for some reason), its just a manual adjustment and not an electronic adjustment. The lowest setting is lower on the Recaros than on the Sport seats, which is an advantage for some.

FWIW, it would be really easy to find someone to trade leather sport seats with you after the fact if you don't find the Recaros to be comfortable, and you'd make some money on the swap. I can't say if the heated feature will work if you option a car with the Recaros and then try to switch to the Sport seats tho, IIRC cars optioned with the Recaros omit the heat/cooling buttons on the dash.
TBH the heat and cold I don’t use here in Texas anyway, I have an F150 that has a cold heat system but I never use it.I am thinking the Recaro seats for me would be for looks and feel and comfort only, that’s being said I think the 2019 leather seats looks better than the 2017 leather seats , I mean a little more padded on the sides , I could be wrong tho not sure.
Let’s put it this way I would’ve preferred to have the Recaro Seats but since I’m getting a deal without them I wouldn’t pass it on.
If I find the Recaro seats on a deal in the future I’ll jus try it on the car I guess. Hope they wouldn’t be a pain to swap out lol 😂

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Hey Shawn, great choice. In my opinion, a great deal wins over the seat option. Just be careful should you see another with the Recaro’s. Then you will be second guessing yourself for sure. Yeah keep us posted. Always thrilling to help people spend money.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
This is not a race car. It’s a fine track car, but race car? No
If you want to go full Honeybadger on it then the seat discussion ends.
If you are driving it to get groceries then buy what works for your back and butt.
??????
You need the same support on a track for open tracking than for racing
You can’t drive well if you have to brace yourself because your body is not held in place by a racing seat and a 5/6 pts racing harness

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I like my sofa seat in my GT, not having to climb in & out to it. That side bolster gets real annoying rather quickly. Very noticeable just riding in my friend's 350. Even gave them some thought when ordering the car.

Flopping around chasing up a twisty mountain with a 350 group. Not found that happening, quick seat belt adjustment takes care of that.

The Recaro is a purpose built seat, meaning race. DD or weekend warrior, not necessary. IMO not having it makes for a better all around ground pounding driver

So I say no get the car and hang on tight, that seat is going to be the last thing on your mind.

Prove it to yourself.......Go to a dealer, used car lot. Find a 350 get in and out of the car 10 times in a row with the Recaro. It will answer the question all by itself.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Recaros look 'racy' but they functionally are inferior by far to the sofa seats.

On track with either seat you need a tight harness to hold you in place, and either will suffice on track with a harness. I've driven on track using both seats and neither will allow you to relax if the car is driven hard - unless you have a harness.

Heating, cooling (cooling isn't the greatest but it does a little), lumbar and adjustable head rest are actual nice features that are functional and will make you more comfortable in the car, especially on long trips. Recaros look racy but don't really do anything else for you. It's your call which you prefer, but I would never recommend the Recaros.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I like my sofa seat in my GT, not having to climb in & out to it. That side bolster gets real annoying rather quickly. Very noticeable just riding in my friend's 350.
Yeah... I believe that may have been my fault!
(Would age and flexibility have anything to do with your assessment Greg....???)

If you can fit in them it’s a no brainer. They belong in this car and are very comfortable. The also look incredible
Nothing could be truer... this guy is Spot On...!!!

I bought the car in August of '19 and was 185 lbs. at only 5'-8", and the seats were snug.
I am now 150 lbs. (gave up beer Dammit) with the same height obviously, and the seats have a little bit of slop... I love these seats, but I could see how someone with a larger frame could find these seats too constrictive.

Last edited:

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Wow, you guy made me go in the garage and sit in my car. At 5’6 and 150 lbs, I fit in the seat perfectly snug. Unlike the the Recaro’s in my PP2. Which seemed to lack lumbar support for me. Yeah, now I can see how some would complain about the side bolster. My perception and feeling is sitting in the Recaro’s vs sitting on the sport seats. The OP will have to figure that out.

slickwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
GT350, F-150
I love having heated and cooled seats in my F-150 and wanted same in my car. My GT350 will be a warm weather daily driver and road trip car so I wanted the "sofa" seats. My wife broke her back 10 years ago and has had pain issues ever since. We did a test fit in the Recaros a couple years ago and she gave a definite "no way" to them.

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
This is obviously a personal decision, but I wouldn't have bought mine without Recaro's (they are the standard btw). It was the one option that was a deal breaker for me. For me, I was searching for base HEP + tech only. It was like hunting unicorns after Oct, but was lucky to find one. 6' 185. Some people love the "other" seats, but not me.

foolwithtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
What do you guys mean the Recaros don't adjust up and down? My Recaros adjust up and down. There's a handle on the side you pump...

I'm on the younger and skinnier side, but to me the comfort seats weren't as comfortable. I sat in a 2017 and the seats felt a bit tight on my lower back while I felt nothing of the sort in my Recaros. The padding also felt a bit stiffer in the comfort seats than in my 2020 Recaro car. That said, just from looking at the seats you can tell that the bolsters are huge and won't work for everyone. Definitely sit in them first.

Something the leather seats have that I wish I had though is the cooling. I do wish I had cooled seats. With cloth seats heating isn't really necessary.
Sponsored

Last edited: