Sponsored

Recaro Seat with play in backrest

RR2016GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 400A Performance Pack-Recaro Seats
So I have taken my car into the dealer because my driver side seat back rest has about an .125" travel front to back. It's rather annoying rocking back and forth on acceleration and braking. They are saying they replaced the seat track, which includes the frame work. But the play is still there.

I am now being told that the play is normal and there is nothing else they can do. They are stating that the answer is coming from Ford. I called 1-800-392-3673 to question the statement and to let them know I wasn't happy with the decision. The representative on the line called the dealer and came back stating that she sides with the dealer and there is nothing she can do. She also stated that the dealer is her eyes and ears on the ground and are trained technicians. So I asked her if the call to not replace the seat was Fords or the dealers, she wouldn't state. She advised I take it to another dealer and see what they say.

Does anyone here have any further recommendations? I appreciate any and all help. I hate I paid extra money for seats to have play that I have never experienced in any other car.
Sponsored

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
My passenger side cloth Recaro is doing something similar. Very slight play, but can hear it with the radio off which is annoying.
Sponsored