Sponsored

Recaro Seat Option- leather instead of cloth delivered

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617), GT500 (N3432)
Do you have the rear seat delete as well?

Curious if it’s the RSD that triggers the leather upgrade. The M1 I ordered also came with leather after ordering cloth and the RSD.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Do you have the rear seat delete as well?

Curious if it’s the RSD that triggers the leather upgrade. The M1 I ordered also came with leather after ordering cloth and the RSD.
The question I have is:

Why would Ford be willing to put in Leather Recaros over cloth due to the added expense they're paying to their vendor? They would be losing $$$ on every such instance.

Meaning, this has to be an assembly line mistake that Leather Recaros are being put into vehicles ordered with cloth.

OP
OP

GTP-J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 -F150 EcoBoost 2022 Mach 1
The question I have is:

Why would Ford be willing to put in Leather Recaros over cloth due to the added expense they're paying to their vendor? They would be losing $$$ on every such instance.

Meaning, this has to be an assembly line mistake that Leather Recaros are being put into vehicles ordered with cloth.
I wonder the same thing. but it seems that RSD is a factor as there are several with 600A and RSD that got leather Recaros instead of cloth. I'm still waiting for a reply from my dealer as to reasons and alternatives. in the end I'll probably just live with them.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Maybe the have/had extra inventory of front-only leather recacos kits that they needed to put somewhere... similar thing is seen with handling package wheel sets that are available at ridiculously low price.

This would also explain why it happens only with RSD

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I wonder the same thing. but it seems that RSD is a factor as there are several with 600A and RSD that got leather Recaros instead of cloth. I'm still waiting for a reply from my dealer as to reasons and alternatives. in the end I'll probably just live with them.
If you wanna sell them and go with an aftermarket cloth set hit me up!

Sponsored

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I just posted a thread on how my 2020 GT/CS came with white stitching on the headrest but with (correct) red stitching everywhere else. I bought it used so I suppose there is a chance that the original owner swapped the headrests for some strange reason, but as the car was manufactured in late November 2020, I suspect the more likely scenario is supply chain limitations causing Ford not to have the right parts at the right time.

I also suspect we will continue to see more of this for the time being. This is nothing new, older Mustangs made in the '60s were notorious for having a mixed bag of parts based on what was available on the assembly line.

I say enjoy the leather!

wny354

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Mach, 13' Boss 302
When this happened to my retail order last year, I wasn't happy, and had many phone conversations and email exchanges with my dealer and Ford. This is not an assembly line error. You will get leather Recaro's with 600A package if you order the rear seat delete option. I did decide to keep the leather, and after numerous track events, don't have any issues with them. I would have been thrilled if they were power adjust with heating and cooling, that would be an upgrade.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
I have never been disappointed with the Ford leather seats in any of my Mustangs. As the OP lives with his leather Recaros , I think he will get to like them better than cloth.
Did you come late to Mustangs? The leather in SN95s was terrible. Typically broke down and cracked by 30-40k miles. I have never been so happy to have cloth seats. My 94GT has the standard cloth. Still wearing well with no tears and no split seams at 204k miles.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Optioning any Mustang with Recaro, leather or cloth, make no sense if you intend to track (as in road racing) your car

OP
OP

GTP-J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Optioning any Mustang with Recaro, leather or cloth, make no sense if you intend to track (as in road racing) your car
Track use is not necessarily road racing. Presume you are aware of that?

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Track use is not necessarily road racing. Presume you are aware of that?
????? Why do you think that I precisely mentioned road racing and not drag racing?

OP
OP

GTP-J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
????? Why do you think that I precisely mentioned road racing and not drag racing?
I meant HPDE or private track days on a road course. I think the optional Recaros are suitable for a car to drive to/from that type of track event rather than towing a dedicated track/race car.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I meant HPDE or private track days on a road course. I think the optional Recaros are suitable for a car to drive to/from that type of track event rather than towing a dedicated track/race car.
Regardless if it is wheels 2 wheels or simply track days, you drive much better if you have a real racing seat, meaning having a crotch slot and a 5/6 pts racing harness that hold you in place
No ways to get feedbacks from the car if you’re holding the steering wheel with a death grip and bracing yourself against the door or console
With a 4 pts harness, the lap belts goes up as you tighten the shoulders belts
Changing seat is a 10 minutes, 4 bolts deal on the Mustang and a Schroth harness require no modifications
Understood that the Recaro is ok for a casual, beginner type driver using street tires

OP
OP

GTP-J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Regardless if it is wheels 2 wheels or simply track days, you drive much better if you have a real racing seat, meaning having a crotch slot and a 5/6 pts racing harness that hold you in place
No ways to get feedbacks from the car if you’re holding the steering wheel with a death grip and bracing yourself against the door or console
With a 4 pts harness, the lap belts goes up as you tighten the shoulders belts
Changing seat is a 10 minutes, 4 bolts deal on the Mustang and a Schroth harness require no modifications
Understood that the Recaro is ok for a casual, beginner type driver using street tires
Sure, a race seat is better (have a P1300 in my track/race car) but I don't want to drive to the tracks in a race seat. For that part I'd rather have the oem safety system. If I did put in a race seat I would want a roll bar/half cage, 6pts etc and don't want to hack up another nice street car, done that before. Not a beginner, but yes not going to be driving 9 or 10/10th in the mustang.

Reactions: luc

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Customers like me configure their Mach this way for track use and want the cloth Recaro's
Same. I went out of my way to find a cloth Recaro car. Granted It wasn't an M1.
Sponsored