Recaro Seat Option- leather instead of cloth delivered

GTP-J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 -F150 EcoBoost 2022 Mach 1
My dealer order sheet and window sticker show "Recaro Cloth Sport Seats" but that's not what the car has. I didn't notice when I picked up the car and then parked it for most of the last week until taking it out for some break in miles this weekend. If I understand the order guide, the Recaro option on a Mach1 premium is leather but on the base Mach1 (600A) the Recaro option is cloth. Not that big of a deal to me, but it seems odd. I wonder if it was an error in build or a conscious substitution with no notice. Anyone else seen something like this?

IMG_0361.jpg
Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Iā€™ll take them off your hands if you donā€™t want them! šŸ˜

ChemEng44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Tremor, 2021 Mach 1 HP, 2021 F-Pace SVR
My dealer order sheet and window sticker show "Recaro Cloth Sport Seats" but that's not what the car has. I didn't notice when I picked up the car and then parked it for most of the last week until taking it out for some break in miles this weekend. If I understand the order guide, the Recaro option on a Mach1 premium is leather but on the base Mach1 (600A) the Recaro option is cloth. Not that big of a deal to me, but it seems odd. I wonder if it was an error in build or a conscious substitution with no notice. Anyone else seen something like this?

IMG_0361.jpg
Happened to someone last year also, enjoy the free upgrade!šŸ˜Ž

wny354

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Mach, 13' Boss 302
Same issue happened to my 21' retail order and most, if not all, base 600A handling package cars with rear seat delete option. You'll get leather Recaro's instead of the correct cloth ones. Many seem to think it's an upgrade, but it's not. Customers like me configure their Mach this way for track use and want the cloth Recaro's

OP
OP

GTP-J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Same issue happened to my 21' retail order and most, if not all, base 600A handling package cars with rear seat delete option. You'll get leather Recaro's instead of the correct cloth ones. Many seem to think it's an upgrade, but it's not. Customers like me configure their Mach this way for track use and want the cloth Recaro's
Thanks, did you try to resolve it with Ford and get the cloth seats? I agree cloth is grippier and for some more comfortable for track use. I specced mine as mainly a track car, but in reality will be more of an occasional track car.

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Leather is the best option. Eventually, alcantara and cloth wear at the bolsters and the threaded seams. Alcantara and cloth retain odor, stain easier and are just not as practical for a car that's actually USED often.

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
PM me the Vin, I'm curious how the Build info matches the sticker.

OP
OP

GTP-J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Leather is the best option. Eventually, alcantara and cloth wear at the bolsters and the threaded seams. Alcantara and cloth retain odor, stain easier and are just not as practical for a car that's actually USED often.
I agree generally. I especially don't care for Alcantara on touch surfaces. That said, for my use case cloth would be slightly preferred. Getting a little tired of hauling track/race car to HPDEs and wanted something I could drive to/from events when I just want to hang out and drive a few sessions- guess I'm getting old. The Recaros are far from a race seat so a little grippier surface would be good.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I agree generally. I especially don't care for Alcantara on touch surfaces. That said, for my use case cloth would be slightly preferred. Getting a little tired of hauling track/race car to HPDEs and wanted something I could drive to/from events when I just want to hang out and drive a few sessions- guess I'm getting old. The Recaros are far from a race seat so a little grippier surface would be good.
Sell those and get a set you want. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Ford leather sucksā€¦.always has. I bought a 2021 GT500 that came with red GT style Recaro seatsā€¦.black on redā€¦..awesome indeed.

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
i get the track purpose for having cloth, but damn Ford cloth seats in the M1 are hideous.

MrXXX0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Same thing happened to me with my Handling Pack Mach 1. Ordered Rear Sear delete with cloth Recaros and received leather Recaros instead. My Dealership and Ford directly told me to enjoy the upgrade.

2006AutoXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Mustang GT, 2022 Mach 1 ordered 4-19-22
As long as my 700A doesn't come with cloth instead of leather Recaros.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I have never been disappointed with the Ford leather seats in any of my Mustangs. As the OP lives with his leather Recaros , I think he will get to like them better than cloth.

Slicktricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach1
Iā€™ve got the cloth Recaros and love them. Soft and comfortable and your not going anywhere. When I went to the Mach1 Track Attack the cars had leather but I still thought my cloth was more comfortable .

7C89E9A9-BFEF-4C26-A193-FD5B932D9CE4.jpeg

C233AD92-6E92-44A7-854E-D30B4C433E05.jpeg
Sponsored