Sponsored

Recaro or Stock?

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
Are the Recaro’s cloth? On my preliminary order sheet it says cloth Ricaro seats. What is your opinion, would you go Recaro’s or would you go stock leather seats?
Sponsored

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
If it’s a Mach 1 Base then they will be cloth Recaros. If it’s a Mach 1 Premium then they will be leather Recaros. Regardless I personally would get Recaros cloth or Leather

rcald

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3483 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Are the Recaro’s cloth? On my preliminary order sheet it says cloth Ricaro seats. What is your opinion, would you go Recaro’s or would you go stock leather seats?
Just a side note.....I have the Leather Recaro's in my Bullitt and I love them. Would have been nice to have the cool seats here in FL but like the feel and adds to the driving experience.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
This has been asked before plenty of times and the answer is that you (OP) needs to go to the dealership and put ass in seat (and preferably drive the car) to find what seat works best for you. I tried out the Bullitt's Recaros and I was unimpressed. For me the cooling/heating functionality of the standard seats was worth much more than the slightly more support the Recaros provided.

OP
OP
Mustang_Scotty

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
This has been asked before plenty of times and the answer is that you (OP) needs to go to the dealership and put ass in seat (and preferably drive the car) to find what seat works best for you. I tried out the Bullitt's Recaros and I was unimpressed. For me the cooling/heating functionality of the standard seats was worth much more than the slightly more support the Recaros provided.
Yes I agree. I have had Recaro’s in one of my 7 GT500s I’ve owned. I don’t think my 16 GT350 had them. I love the support of the Recaro’s. But I guess I was asking, forget heated/cooling, garage queen weekender what looks better or just how people really like the Recaro’s in general with the Mach 1.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PringleMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt L3553
Totally agree, my 20 Bullitt has the standRd seats nice to ave all functions, could not get really comfortable in the Recaros...maybe 30 years ago I would have but not now!
L3553

OP
OP
Mustang_Scotty

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
Ok cool. I just saw an old thread about a fat guy and Recaro’s on here. Thanks for your help.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Are the premium leather seats the same as on the GT? From the photos they look bit different to me with bigger side support, pretty similar to Recaro actually, they look great and I'll rather take ventilated and heated than pay 1k more for brand name.

0-ford-mustang-gt-coupe-driver-seat-carbuzz-466741.jpg

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Are the premium leather seats the same as on the GT? From the photos they look bit different to me with bigger side support, pretty similar to Recaro actually, they look great and I'll rather take ventilated and heated than pay 1k more for brand name.

0-ford-mustang-gt-coupe-driver-seat-carbuzz-466741.jpg
anyone know this?

CookiemanEU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dario
Vehicle(s)
Convertible GT
They are the same, just different stitching line creates the effect.
But it is still same seats.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
If you don't plan to track your car, regular seats are amazing. If you do, you'll find yourself sliding around quite a bit. Don't know how recaros work on track but getting fully manual seats in a 55k+ car is not cool at all.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
If you don't plan to track your car, regular seats are amazing. If you do, you'll find yourself sliding around quite a bit. Don't know how recaros work on track but getting fully manual seats in a 55k+ car is not cool at all.
You’re really going to think I got screwed then. My car msrp’d for almost $64k and in addition to having manual seats it won’t even shift itself!

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Its a lot easier to swap in a seat for track days than try to retrofit heating cooling and power for day to day. Tbh the recaros should be a no cost option on the premium.
Sponsored