Recall work and a tune.

Tcnarber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium, Black Betty
Hey has anyone with a tune had the recall on the heat chield completed? If so, did you reload the stock tune? If not did the dealer say anything to you.
Sponsored

lint28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost w/PP - Now its a 2016 GT w/PP!!!
I'm going to bring mine in soon. I'll revert back just to be safe.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I'm taking mine next week. I will certainly be reverting back to stock.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Won't be reverting mine to stock, and don't care honestly. I will be staying there while they do the work too to make sure they don't drive my car or anything.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I will be dropping mine off. They told me to have as little fuel in the tank as possible.

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
You really need to reflash it,back to stock just to ensure if they decide to update the ecu they don't over right the tune. If this happens it will render your tuner usesless.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
You really need to reflash it,back to stock just to ensure if they decide to update the ecu they don't over right the tune. If this happens it will render your tuner usesless.
That makes sense.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I'm going to bring mine in soon. I'll revert back just to be safe.
Smart. Why give them an excuse to be dicks when returning to stock tune takes 5 minutes.

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
so what what ever happen ?

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
My dealership didn't say nothing but didn't update my ecu because they seen I had a tune.

Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
What are you boys yapping about ?
There should be no need for any such dealer to set a Mustang Ecoboost up to a computer to verify or not the restructuring of a factory installed tune while a Mustang Ecoboost is in for the Manufacturers additional parts installation of a Federally mandated Recall . . NHTSA .

And no shop foreman would even consider such a procedure to be undertaken on company time ..
The techs only perform assigned duties guys . Not additional services while undertaking a recall procedure . Because they are paid a reduced rate for such services that is Billed to the manufacturers .

Had the recall performed last month . The shop foreman undertook this procedure as this was the first physical and particular undertaking on the Ford Ecoboost Mustang as so informed by management .

Also there will be a procedure that you will need to follow for any such dealer to even begin to undertake this Recall ..show up with your letter . Service advisors orders the parts required . Check back after a week to verify all of the package has arrived in Parts . Schedule the installation with a service advisor ..
Good luck ..takes 2 weeks atleast with a good Dealership ..

Regards .

Last edited:

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Dude, just flash it back to stock. It's dumb not to. It's not hard

Turbo Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP
What are you boys yapping about ?
There should be no need for any such dealer to set a Mustang Ecoboost up to a computer to verify or not the restructuring of a factory installed tune while a Mustang Ecoboost is in for the Manufacturers additional parts installation of a Federally mandated Recall . . NHTSA .

And no shop foreman would even consider such a procedure to be undertaken on company time ..
The techs only perform assigned duties guys . Not additional services while undertaking a recall procedure . Because they are paid a reduced rate for such services that is Billed to the manufacturers .

Had the recall performed last month . The shop foreman undertook this procedure as this was the first physical and particular undertaking on the Ford Ecoboost Mustang as so informed by management .

Also there will be a procedure that you will need to follow for any such dealer to even begin to undertake this Recall ..show up with your letter . Service advisors orders the parts required . Check back after a week to verify all of the package has arrived in Parts . Schedule the installation with a service advisor ..
Good luck ..takes 2 weeks atleast with a good Dealership ..

Regards .
If there are PCM updates available the tech may update the vehicle. The cost for this would be paid under warranty.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I don't know how it works at Ford but at BMW programming updates is a daunting task and NEVER do it unless it's in conjunction with a repair. Techs hate programming because they only get paid 1 hour flat rate for programming regardless of how long it takes. And have to babysit the computer while it's happening. We have an hourly employee do programming on vehicles for the techs so they can keep working and not tie up their bay. So again if programming is not required as part of a repair its not happening. And I have plenty of customers that have tunes on their BMW's and we instruct customers to inform us every time they come in that the car is tuned and we add a line on the Repair Order that it's tuned. And leave it up to the customer how they want to proceed if their repair requires programming. If it's Dinan we are a Dinan install facility and will reflash it for you when we're done. If I see a modded BMW come in I try to make it habit to ask if it's tuned as well. I feel bad for some of you guys that go to these dealerships that are so unfriendly to modded cars.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
My VW dealer was an APR dealer. If I has a repair that requried ECU programming, I was fine with my tune. They would simply reflash me. With Ford I'm not sure. It's better to play it safe and just flash the car back to stock. As Bluebeast said it take 5 minutes.
Sponsored