Sponsored

Recalibrate Magneride / ride height with aftermarket springs - required?

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Just doublechecking as it has been a tad difficult to find a thread on this forum or others with a clear verdict.

I read something about needing to use a shop/dealer tool to recalibrate, perhaps only if you have an error code.

I do not have an error code, but I also have only driven 100 miles or so since installing the springs. I stopped by the local dealer just to ask about it, they said no error code no worries.

My only remaining concern is if getting it deep into the travel on track the code might arise as it will have been pushed beyond what the sensors are seeing on the street. I do NOT want to run into an error code on track and have to travel 3hr round trip to address it.
Sponsored

Kramerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Just doublechecking as it has been a tad difficult to find a thread on this forum or others with a clear verdict.

I read something about needing to use a shop/dealer tool to recalibrate, perhaps only if you have an error code.

I do not have an error code, but I also have only driven 100 miles or so since installing the springs. I stopped by the local dealer just to ask about it, they said no error code no worries.

My only remaining concern is if getting it deep into the travel on track the code might arise as it will have been pushed beyond what the sensors are seeing on the street. I do NOT want to run into an error code on track and have to travel 3hr round trip to address it.
I'm interested in this as well. Just bought springs, swaybars and endlinks and will be installing soon.

I've read posts with opinions both ways.

IMO if your car lives mostly on the street its probably not a big deal. But like you I would be interested to hear from someone who's made this swap and tracks on a regular basis.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I've been on track and have driven maybe 5,000 miles by now and I have 0 errors still. I think you'll only get an error code if the magnride sensors gets loose and "disconnects" from the female end.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

If you look into the manual, any procedure that disassembles anything in the suspension requires a ride height calibration after. In practice, nobody ever does it and everyone is fine.

OP
OP
drummerboy

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Perfect, thanks dudes, exactly the info I was looking for.
Sponsored