Rear Sway Bar: GT350 vs GT350R

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Feels kind of loose up front and also bc these BMRs have become a little noisy. I drive through a lot of bumpy roads so was thinking progressive maybe a better choice
I can assure you that the springs aren't causing it to be noisy...it's something else. One of the best changes I've made recently to tighten-up/flatten and improve the feel of the front end is the Steeda roll center correction kit.
Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I can assure you that the springs aren't causing it to be noisy...it's something else. One of the best changes I've made recently to tighten-up/flatten and improve the feel of the front end is the Steeda roll center correction kit.
I have those installed. Just missing bumpsteer kit. But I get noises front and back. Mostly when backing up out of the driveway and small bumps at very low speed.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I finally removed the GT350R bars from my car and went with an aftermarket set with adjustable end links. I'll be honest it is significantly improved. Some background on my issue with this setup can be found here and here.

To be clear, I didn't have any issues with the sway bars until I installed the CB762 and then I had pretty significant oversteer. I have no regrets with installing CB762 but didn't like how the car was performing so I went with adjustable sway bars. Currently the car is on full soft for the sway bars with zero preloading and my shocks set 1/2 turn from soft front and rear. My car is back to an almost neutral handling (haven't been able to push it hard enough yet to tell if it is slight oversteer or understeer) with controllable throttle oversteer. So for those of you who are stiffening up your chassis and eliminating rubber in your cars, I would recommend against using the GT350R bars.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I finally removed the GT350R bars from my car and went with an aftermarket set with adjustable end links. I'll be honest it is significantly improved. Some background on my issue with this setup can be found here and here.

To be clear, I didn't have any issues with the sway bars until I installed the CB762 and then I had pretty significant oversteer. I have no regrets with installing CB762 but didn't like how the car was performing so I went with adjustable sway bars. Currently the car is on full soft for the sway bars with zero preloading and my shocks set 1/2 turn from soft front and rear. My car is back to an almost neutral handling (haven't been able to push it hard enough yet to tell if it is slight oversteer or understeer) with controllable throttle oversteer. So for those of you who are stiffening up your chassis and eliminating rubber in your cars, I would recommend against using the GT350R bars.
What bars did you go with? I am pretty sure your rear bar was bound up and was the leading cause of your issue.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
What bars did you go with? I am pretty sure your rear bar was bound up and was the leading cause of your issue.
Steeda. Had pretty much their entire suspension solution so it made sense to go with their bars.

As for them being bound, according to a Ford engineer, they were designed to be bound. The bars didn't budge an inch when the end links were loosened. Had to loosen the bushing mount to get any sort of movement. According to Ford, that was the intention. For whatever reason, stiffening things up made this "sticky" bushing significantly more effective causing the oversteer (or maybe CB762 made other mods more effective that caused the bar to stiffen up). I tried to see if there was a front equivalent that would get the same effect as adding the CB762 (front bar is also bound) and found there was none. I considered just doing an aftermarket front bar and leaving the rear alone but figured if I'm going to do it, just do it all so I don't have to chance having something else change and be left with undesired effects I can't tune out.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda. Had pretty much their entire suspension solution so it made sense to go with their bars.

As for them being bound, according to a Ford engineer, they were designed to be bound. The bars didn't budge an inch when the end links were loosened. Had to loosen the bushing mount to get any sort of movement. According to Ford, that was the intention. For whatever reason, stiffening things up made this "sticky" bushing significantly more effective causing the oversteer (or maybe CB762 made other mods more effective that caused the bar to stiffen up). I tried to see if there was a front equivalent that would get the same effect as adding the CB762 (front bar is also bound) and found there was none. I considered just doing an aftermarket front bar and leaving the rear alone but figured if I'm going to do it, just do it all so I don't have to chance having something else change and be left with undesired effects I can't tune out.
Interesting. Theirs is one of the stiffest rear bars available.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge

So I understand the CB762 is not a sway bar but with it doing what it did to your car with the GT350 bars I wonder if sway bars are even needed with the CB762.

Now if your Road X'ing trying to get the most out of your handling then yes get sway bars, CB762 etc. But seems like a the CB762 really does what it says it does. Real well too. hahaha

BTW where in TX are you? Might have a buyer for the GT350bars.:wink:

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. Theirs is one of the stiffest rear bars available.
I honestly think it was the "sticky" bushings that was causing all my issues. Car is handling very different now and I was able to put my shock settings back where they were before which was an improvement in of itself. I would say this is almost what it felt like before I did the CB762 but with all the benefits of having a CB762.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

Interesting to find this because I thought it was just me. I have the 350R bars as well and it doesn't seem as tight as I would like it to be. I am also thinking about switching them out to BMRs but was thinking about just fronts for now but might do both like you.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly think it was the "sticky" bushings that was causing all my issues. Car is handling very different now and I was able to put my shock settings back where they were before which was an improvement in of itself. I would say this is almost what it felt like before I did the CB762 but with all the benefits of having a CB762.
Yeah I am keeping my PP rear bar (which doesn't have sticky bushings) and adding a BMR front.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I know I saw it some time ago in another thread but can't find it. How do the different holes on the BMR front bar compare to the 350 bar? (Looking for quantitative data if possible)

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Wow @Performance nut - that is really wacky. I wonder if the regular GT350 rear bar is the same? Sad that Ford would do that though.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I know I saw it some time ago in another thread but can't find it. How do the different holes on the BMR front bar compare to the 350 bar? (Looking for quantitative data if possible)
BMR front bar on soft is within a couple percent of the 350 bar.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Not sure about 350 sway bar
But BMR vs Pp1 sway bar is
22 to 70% stiffer