corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
See how they get confused? The ending looks the same for them both but the F2GZ I believe is the correct R rear bushing.
The Ford parts numbering system is confusing to look at because it's different from almost every other parts numbering system.

But it actually has a logic to it that other systems do not. The second group of digits (can be either 4 or 5 digits) identifies the basic part (in this case bushings for a rear sta-bar) and the final letter (Ford calls this a suffix) identifies the revision level of that specific part. So it's entirely likely for that much to be the same for clearly different parts. The first group of four characters is called a prefix and identifies the year and model of the car and the part source (engineering or service).

http://www.fordification.com/tech/partnumbers_overview.htm

Norm

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The Ford parts numbering system is confusing to look at because it's different from almost every other parts numbering system.

But it actually has a logic to it that other systems do not. The second group of digits (can be either 4 or 5 digits) identifies the basic part (in this case bushings for a rear sta-bar) and the final letter (Ford calls this a suffix) identifies the revision level of that specific part. So it's entirely likely for that much to be the same for clearly different parts. The first group of four characters is called a prefix and identifies the year and model of the car and the part source (engineering or service).

http://www.fordification.com/tech/partnumbers_overview.htm

Norm
Having gotten used to the logic of this the few years I worked there, it spoiled me. So many organizations do not have anywhere near this kind of simple and effective part number nomenclature. GM's is a total basketcase and is a new 8 digit numeric every time they change or even minimally revise a part.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I get it but the front sway and bushings are FR3Z so is the rear bar. Rear GT350R bushing is NOT FR3Z
Means it was first issued earlier for some other application and grabbed because it was what the rear bar of the GT350R needed. Somewhere along the line, somebody decided to not re-invent something that they already had.

Norm

Sponsored

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
Installed the R bars yesterday. Initial impressions are it feels better on my 18 GTPP. It has better turn in and it does corner flatter.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I placed an order with Levittown to buy GT350 sway bars. They said the GT350 rear bar is on backorder until April. I think I’m going to just buy a PP rear bar and call it a day.

NOM3RC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium
Will these bar fit a Non PP 15-17 GT with the current brackets on the car or do you also need to purchase brackets?

k4show

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
For anybody with the GT (not sure about EB) PP, I would strongly recommend buying the brackets as well. The GT PP brackets are wider and do not support the bump on the top of the bushing. I think this is because (from reading this thread), the GT PP sway bar, bushings and brackets are all one part number. It kinda works with the PP bracket, I just did the install, but its not really how it should be. I'm going to be ordering the correct brackets and re-installing them.

Sponsored

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
For anybody with the GT (not sure about EB) PP, I would strongly recommend buying the brackets as well. The GT PP brackets are wider and do not support the bump on the top of the bushing. I think this is because (from reading this thread), the GT PP sway bar, bushings and brackets are all one part number. It kinda works with the PP bracket, I just did the install, but its not really how it should be. I'm going to be ordering the correct brackets and re-installing them.
I posted the exact same thing. I was able to get the brackets dirt cheap from my local Ford dealer, it was just a waste of time. I have the Ecoboost PP for what it's worth.

k4show

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
I posted the exact same thing. I was able to get the brackets dirt cheap from my local Ford dealer, it was just a waste of time. I have the Ecoboost PP for what it's worth.
Yeah, they definitely don't sit right in the PP brackets.

But after installing the 350R bars, it feels like a totally different car in the corners. Very little body roll.

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
Yep, bars themselves are awesome. Not too harsh, and they make a noticeable difference in the corners.
Sponsored