Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
P1060263 (2) CVCASHMERE.jpg
P1060266 (2) CVCASHMERE.jpg
Hello All

Over the past year, I have upgraded my GT vert rear sway bar from a 20.00 millimeter thick bar to a 21.7 millimeter thick bar, and then to a 22.2 millimeter size. The 21.7 mm size worked great with the standard front sway bar however, when I upgraded the front bar to the PP suspension, it began to understeer more than I liked. So…I upgraded the rear to the PP size of 22.2 millimeter thick bar. Now…the car is more balanced again.

Now some facts: the vert, Ecoboost and V-6 (all without the PP suspension), come with the 20.mm rear bar. Leaving your front sway bar alone, and upgrading to the 21.7 mm rear bar will reduce some of the understeer of the front end. You will like that the car plows less while the ride is not affected.

The 21.7 millimeter rear bar was part of the Ecoboost PP suspension but not available with the V-6.

I am selling this locally for a firm $40 (as that is what it cost me to upgrade to a used 22.2 mm bar). That is a very fair price.

Local pick-up only. I live outside of Philadelphia-near the PA Turnpike, NJ Turnpike, and I-95 corridors. Send a private message to me if interested.

Thanks

CVCashmere
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
CVCashmere

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
Hey All

This is the quickest way to improve the handling of your stock V6 or Ecoboost.

CVCashmere

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
This might do better in the marketplace.
That said, I'm a bit confused, the EB, EBPP, GT and GTPP all use a 32mm front sway bar, the PPs end with a "B" suffix, the rest end in "A." I haven't found what the difference is between the 2 bars, it sounds like you've experienced a substantial difference?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This might do better in the marketplace.
That said, I'm a bit confused, the EB, EBPP, GT and GTPP all use a 32mm front sway bar, the PPs end with a "B" suffix, the rest end in "A." I haven't found what the difference is between the 2 bars, it sounds like you've experienced a substantial difference?
The GT PP front bar has integrated (and significantly stiffer) mounts and bushings. The bushings are 'sticky', intentionally having some bind to improve on-center steering feel. Otherwise, the bar itself is the same as the base GT bar and offers no added roll stiffness.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The GT PP front bar has integrated (and significantly stiffer) mounts and bushings. The bushings are 'sticky', intentionally having some bind to improve on-center steering feel. Otherwise, the bar itself is the same as the base GT bar and offers no added roll stiffness.
Do you suppose that the presence of those 'sticky bushings' is part of the reason that PP front spring rate isn't that much greater than base? That bar has to be intentionally providing some rate in ride.

Norm

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do you suppose that the presence of those 'sticky bushings' is part of the reason that PP front spring rate isn't that much greater than base? That bar has to be intentionally providing some rate in ride.

Norm
Very well could be. Dynamics engineer told me that the bushings were done that way only for steering feel, but I agree that it certainly would add some ride rate if there's enough for it to be felt in steering.

OP
OP
CVCashmere

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
This offer is only for the rear sway bar and assumes you are NOT changing the front sway bar.

You can find the tag on the bar and it will tell you how thick in millimeters. The higher the number, in millimeters, the thicker the bar.

This rear bar is 21.7 millimeters thick. The standard rear bar is 20 millimeters thick.

The coup rear PP bar is 22.2 millimeters thick.

CVCashmere

OP
OP
CVCashmere

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
Hi All

i am moving this to the Suspension Classifieds. My mistake.

CVCashmere

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to have derailed your thread, I'm trying to figure out what front bar this would need to be paired with. As you mentioned, this would be a bit of an upgrade for a non-PP EB or a V6 as it should work well with the stock front bar. OTOH, I can't find anything that indicates that this is the EBPP rear part, the info I've seen lists this as being correct for the non-PP GT only and the GT PP and EBPP using the 22.2mm rear bar.
If you were closer I'd be tempted to buy this just to try it out, unfortunately the hour drive each way isn't worth the price difference of buying new from my local dealer.

OP
OP
CVCashmere

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to have derailed your thread, I'm trying to figure out what front bar this would need to be paired with. As you mentioned, this would be a bit of an upgrade for a non-PP EB or a V6 as it should work well with the stock front bar. OTOH, I can't find anything that indicates that this is the EBPP rear part, the info I've seen lists this as being correct for the non-PP GT only and the GT PP and EBPP using the 22.2mm rear bar.
If you were closer I'd be tempted to buy this just to try it out, unfortunately the hour drive each way isn't worth the price difference of buying new from my local dealer.
Hi Dave

This 21.7 millimeter actually came off of Chef's 2015 Ecoboost PP car. Chef replaced both bars with aftermarket versions.

You can confirm this with Chef.

What the heck...drive down the turnpike-I can meet you at exit #5.

thanks

CVCashmere

Sponsored

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Dave

This 21.7 millimeter actually came off of Chef's 2015 Ecoboost PP car. Chef replaced both bars with aftermarket versions.

You can confirm this with Chef.

What the heck...drive down the turnpike-I can meet you at exit #5.

thanks

CVCashmere
LOL, I'm 15 minutes off exit 14, gas and tolls would wipe out any savings over buying new at full list price. If you were closer it would be worth it for temporary use but while it may have been EBPP on the 2015, my goal is to go a minimum of the current PP and probably larger.

OP
OP
CVCashmere

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
LOL, I'm 15 minutes off exit 14, gas and tolls would wipe out any savings over buying new at full list price. If you were closer it would be worth it for temporary use but while it may have been EBPP on the 2015, my goal is to go a minimum of the current PP and probably larger.

Hi Dave

I do not know the size of the 2019 Ecoboost PP rear sway bar. My hunch is that it is the same 21.7 Millimeter...but someone will actually have to check it out to make sure.

Tolls from Exit # 5 to #14 are $7.25 each way. I can cover $10 of the tolls...or pay the toll one way plus a beer at the Applebee's across the street from the exit. Also, check if you need to order the bushings separately...mine has them.

It's always a pleasure to meet Mustang owners.

thanks

CVCashmere
Sponsored