Rear suspension help!

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
I started to realize some swaying side to side under hard throttle pulls and especially going 80+ mph. feels like something going on in the rear of the car. Its a 2016 GT with whipple supercharger and airlift suspension. I dont think its an issue with the bags as they seem to be holding pressure fine. i also am hearing a click noise when shifting gears occasionally. Anyone have any thoughts / ideas?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I started to realize some swaying side to side under hard throttle pulls and especially going 80+ mph. feels like something going on in the rear of the car. Its a 2016 GT with whipple supercharger and airlift suspension. I dont think its an issue with the bags as they seem to be holding pressure fine. i also am hearing a click noise when shifting gears occasionally. Anyone have any thoughts / ideas?
car is currently at 38k miles

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Likely a rear wheel hub is gone out. Jack up the car and see if you can wobble a wheel by rocking it with a bear hug.

clicking noise and unpredictable handling at speed are giveaways. I've had to replace both rears twice. Average time to failure is ~30k miles on my car.

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Likely a rear wheel hub is gone out. Jack up the car and see if you can wobble a wheel by rocking it with a bear hug.

clicking noise and unpredictable handling at speed are giveaways. I've had to replace both rears twice. Average time to failure is ~30k miles on my car.
going to try this tonight.... thanks!!!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Take a look at the differential bushings too. You may have one or more that are torn.

Sponsored

nbjeeptj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If you have any toe out in the rear it will act strange. If you have a good bit of toe out it will almost be scary to drive.

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
If you have any toe out in the rear it will act strange. If you have a good bit of toe out it will almost be scary to drive.
car was aligned after bag install and has been fine for around 20,000 miles. that is why i am wondering if it is wear and tear on something

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm betting on wheel hub most likely driver side.
Sponsored