Sponsored

Rear Speakers in Mustang Ecoboost convertible .

OP
OP

marcom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost convertible
Yeah, I saw that. Changing the plugs over and mounting is not an issue for me, even if there's modifications involved.
I just don't want to go to the expense or trouble if speakers alone e don't make a noticeable improvement.
We'll mine will be anyway . It seems like I have got an issue on the original one that create sound distortion.
Sponsored

kliffdweller

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Hi , I would like to replace rear sides speakers to 2016 Ecoboost convertible. At certain volume , with only 2 bass bars on the equaliser (sync2) , the sound gives distorsión . Has Anyone experienced same problem ? Yes sometimes it depends of the sound input and songs quality but overall , it happens in 8 songs out of 10 and only with rear speakers .

Can anyone send me a link with video tutorial where shows how to replace them and gives me info about the original rear speakers size and power , so I can buy better one and bit more powerful ,with no adding extra amplifier and sub .

Thanks
I bought Kicker 6.5 inch for the rear and they are fine. Note that Crutchfield does not provide instructions. Not sure why, it's such a popular car. Be careful when reinstalling the plastic panels after the install. I did it with the roof down and caught the fabric of the roof in the panels. Freaked me out when raising the roof, I thought I broke the rear window! Well worth the effort though. Any speakers are better than the factory ones.

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Be careful when reinstalling the plastic panels after the install. I did it with the roof down and caught the fabric of the roof in the panels. Freaked me out when raising the roof, I thought I broke the rear window! Well worth the effort though. Any speakers are better than the factory ones.
Yes, did the exact same thing when I installed the smarttop in mine:):)

OP
OP

marcom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost convertible
Yeah, I saw that. Changing the plugs over and mounting is not an issue for me, even if there's modifications involved.
I just don't want to go to the expense or trouble if speakers alone e don't make a noticeable improvement.
Let's put it on this way ... Sound improvement in quality and power from factory one , slightly powerful . But don't expect miracles . I replaced only rear speakers ( because broken ) and obviously to me , for this reason ,it is a big improvement. I recommend to replace front speakers also for better experience sound , and add subwoofer ( which I would do next ) . Factory speakers and my new rear one don't produce deep bass therefore you would need a sub . My opinion..
Replace rear speakers it is very easy , just be careful with convertible softtop and put pieces back in the right way otherwise you would hear rattles everywhere . These speakers need to be positioned in in the different way because magnet too big to fit perfectly like factory one. I purchased a factory adaptor to connect them to the car wire , then no welding and no breaking of factory speakers , only plug and play !
Sponsored