Sponsored

Rear Seat Delete Take Rates

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'd imagine the RSD option take rate was low.

I did purchase the RSD option.

I wanted the most performance-oriented and unique vehicle I could afford; a Mach 1 with certain options ticked those boxes.

I have no regrets. The car is not my DD.

Edit: here we go. Took me a bit to find it. This is a poll listed here. A bit of insight.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-did-you-option-22-your-mach-1.171713/
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I'd imagine the RSD option take rate was low.

I did purchase the RSD option.

I wanted the most performance-oriented and unique vehicle I could afford; a Mach 1 with certain options ticked those boxes.

I have no regrets. The car is not my DD.

Edit: here we go. Took me a bit to find it. This is a poll listed here. A bit of insight.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-did-you-option-22-your-mach-1.171713/
I'm reading that as 10 out of 77 voters? Interesting. I recently installed a RSD in my mustang. I used to want the seats for the kids, etc. Then changed my thinking and really enjoy the 2 seater thing.

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
I've had the wife and daughter in the back seats...also took another couple with us in the car too (wife and her friend are small in stature). The back seat is nice to have when taking 2 kids to school. Haven't laid the back seats down yet...might cramp up just trying to get back there

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
When I was in HS/College I had sports cars that had back seats and trust me SOMEBODY will squeeze themselves back there before paying for an uber or have to use their own car to get somewhere. You can stand your ground and say "nope. I don't care that theres two seats you can kinda sorta fit into YOU aint going" and now you gotta endure the guilt trip of making somebody come up with their own solution or worse you literally leave them somewhere when in their eyes you HAD seats to carry them. It sucks.
+1

I can very much relate. Among my friends, I have the cool car (granted it's a GT Premium, not a Mach 1), and when we go out or want to go somewhere as a group, invariably I get friends who automatically assume that my back seats are available for them ("hey, you got 4 seats in that cool GT, right? I wanna ride in that and not my soccer-mom SUV.") I always say "nope" it is really meant for 2 people, not 4. Yeah, it is a bummer situation in turning them down, but I hold the line.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
+1

I can very much relate. Among my friends, I have the cool car (granted it's a GT Premium, not a Mach 1), and when we go out or want to go somewhere as a group, invariably I get friends who automatically assume that my back seats are available for them ("hey, you got 4 seats in that cool GT, right? I wanna ride in that and not my soccer-mom SUV.") I always say "nope" it is really meant for 2 people, not 4. Yeah, it is a bummer situation in turning them down, but I hold the line.
You're an ideal candidate for a nice RSD install. Just read your bio. Nice car. That would be cool with some race style RSD.

Sponsored

Sains5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1, FJ Grey, Handling Package, Manual, RSD
I opted for the RSD, and very happy I did, looks great, you can always put soft luggage or other stuff back there, and no person over 5’ 4” would fit comfortably. Never tried but installing a child seat back there would be a real work out. My thought is if you don’t think a back seat will be used, go with RSD.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
welp per my comment a page ago it happened yesterday.

I was somewhere and it made a lot of sense for that third person to come with us and they said "hey you got a back seat right.... can i jump in there super fast i don't mind that its built for toddlers..... we just going down the road...."

NOPE.

They were a friend so i didn't mind their bickering and desire for me to prove i didn't have a back seat in a car they knew that most do. If i had a backseat he would have gladly shoved himself in there.

They had to get in their car and drive with us.

sorry not sorry.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I order my Mach 1 RSD so i could install the roll bar from competition motor sports.
Great people to work with.
1661443659445.png
1661443833191.png
Nice w the orange cage. Surprised you didn't go with the Recaros.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I order my Mach 1 RSD so i could install the roll bar from competition motor sports.
Great people to work with.
1661443659445.png
1661443833191.png
Nice!

So if anyone asks to get in the back seat, you can say sure, if you want to end up like grated cheese.... :devil:

Sponsored

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
Cheaper and not impossible to add a RSD then to add a rear seat and belts. I have both but ordered with a rear seat and took it out day 2 for the delete. Just reinstalled the rear seat as I might and have needed to pick up kids since the young lady as started her new job.

250 to remove 3k worth of seats and belts that nearly cant be added after, or 850 with shipping for a delete and have both.
Same reason for not getting the Recaros, 1200 to remove premium seats which is a option to start and with unique wrap that's near impossible to replace and for something you can get on any 15 plus car or online new....you can find the exact seats in eco boosts.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
It's a cool look. Nobody really sits back there do they?
I've stuffed an unfortunate friend or two back there on rare occasion. It's nice to have the option, at least when this is your daily driver... But yeah, I'm sure there are a lot of people out there (maybe including myself if I'm being honest) who wouldn't miss the rear seat if it was gone, and might appreciate the weight savings.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I was an adopter of the rear seat delete. I will explain why.

I like my sports cars impractical (loud, low to the ground, no room for passengers little storage etc) and i like them to generally be my second car/weekend warrior. I absolutely do NOT want anybody in that back seat. It's not practical, personally don't think its very safe, a pain in the ass to get people back there etc.

When I was in HS/College I had sports cars that had back seats and trust me SOMEBODY will squeeze themselves back there before paying for an uber or have to use their own car to get somewhere. You can stand your ground and say "nope. I don't care that theres two seats you can kinda sorta fit into YOU aint going" and now you gotta endure the guilt trip of making somebody come up with their own solution or worse you literally leave them somewhere when in their eyes you HAD seats to carry them. It sucks.

NOW fast forward to my car with zero back seats . I can say "sorry my car has only two seats I cannot legally or safely transport you. The same thing I would say if i had a 350z, miata or a corvette.

Yeah the price is a little strange in the grand scheme of things but once i crossed into the "toy car" character of things. I sleep well at night having my car be the car I want it to be.

fin.
Agree on all points - I use the same reasoning. I've done Ford Racing/Performance RSD's on my '09 GT500, my '16 GT350, and my '20 GT500. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Sponsored