Sponsored

Rear Seat Delete... holy high priced mat batman....

FuzzyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red GT350
Sooo.. I am wanting to do a rear seat delete. That is until I checked the price of the part number...
FR3Z-6360508-A - which I believe is correct. and they want ... $2005.94 which is clearly a bargain as they have reduced the price from $2847.57...
Am I missing something here...this is basically a "formed mat" is it not?

Does anyone know of another route to go or any other options ?
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I never really got the rear seats delete things????
On a race cars, you remove all the interior trim for weight reduction
On a track car, a few pounds more or less is not going to make any real difference
On a street car ???? Why?
Seriously, it seems to be like the Recaro seats: designed to make uninformed people believe that you are a race car driver…..

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On a track car, a few pounds more or less is not going to make any real difference
Seriously, it seems to be like the Recaro seats: designed to make uninformed people believe that you are a race car driver…..
I'll give you the most honest answer ever. I can't stand having my kids in my cars. Wrappers, crumbs, spilled drinks and crap everywhere. Do a rear seat delete and problem solved.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I'll give you the most honest answer ever. I can't stand having my kids in my cars. Wrappers, crumbs, spilled drinks and crap everywhere. Do a rear seat delete and problem solved.
Not really. Most of the RSD look like an unpadded rear seat. The ass buckets are still obvious, etc. unless you remove the seatbelts and really do it right, the RSD isn’t much different than having the back seat.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not really. Most of the RSD look like an unpadded rear seat. The ass buckets are still obvious, etc. unless you remove the seatbelts and really do it right, the RSD isn’t much different than having the back seat.
The CM Components delete doesn't have anything that resembles a bucket or seat.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Sooo.. I am wanting to do a rear seat delete. That is until I checked the price of the part number...
FR3Z-6360508-A - which I believe is correct. and they want ... $2005.94 which is clearly a bargain as they have reduced the price from $2847.57...

Where did you get that price? Whoever is selling at that price is trying to rip you off.

Steeda will sell you the same exact Ford kit for like 873+shipping (its large, needs freight shipping) and CJ Pony Parts will sell you the same for $899 (+shipping), or you can buy Steeda's own version of something similar for <$300. I can't vouch for the Steeda variation as I bought for Ford one because I like the materials/construction on the Ford one a lot. Some of those cheaper ones are not as rigid and the materials not as nice. The ford one does match the car perfectly, but is it worth 600 more for that? IDK, up to you.

Then there are a ton of other options in that cheaper price range, usually flat plastic panels, etc.

(and yeah, I removed the seat belts too with the Ford kit. Do some of the others not allow that? IDK why people wouldn't remove them)

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
You could make your own out of plywood and black carpet; I've seen it done and looks just as good as any of the others.

Or take the seats out and don't put anything back in. Though I understand if that's not the look you're going for.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously, congrats on not really getting it. I hope it works out for you!

Sponsored

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
I just sent mine off to college and achieved the same result. :wink:

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just sent mine off to college and achieved the same result. :wink:
You mean no more chick filet wrappers and nuggets hiding in the back seat anymore? lol

OP
OP
FuzzyGuy

FuzzyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red GT350
Where did you get that price? Whoever is selling at that price is trying to rip you off.

Steeda will sell you the same exact Ford kit for like 873+shipping (its large, needs freight shipping) and CJ Pony Parts will sell you the same for $899 (+shipping), or you can buy Steeda's own version of something similar for <$300. I can't vouch for the Steeda variation as I bought for Ford one because I like the materials/construction on the Ford one a lot. Some of those cheaper ones are not as rigid and the materials not as nice. The ford one does match the car perfectly, but is it worth 600 more for that? IDK, up to you.

Then there are a ton of other options in that cheaper price range, usually flat plastic panels, etc.

(and yeah, I removed the seat belts too with the Ford kit. Do some of the others not allow that? IDK why people wouldn't remove them)
That price is right from Village Fords site, they are a pretty large supplier of OEM parts.

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1

That is not the rear seat delete part#. That part# comes up rear floor mat: https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/seats/floor-mat-12590923-1?pdp=y

You want part# M-6346612-GT: https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6346612-GT

But as someone has already mentioned, Steeda is cheaper: https://www.steeda.com/ford-performance-m-6346612-gt-mustang-rear-seat-delete
As is AM: https://www.americanmuscle.com/2015-mustang-rear-seat-delete-kits.html

Then there's always aftermarket!!
Sponsored