TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible
Hi

We want our dog Dino to travel in the back with us and would like to find a custom fit rear rear seat cover (preferably neoprene) but a few hours searching the web comes up with nothing but Universal covers (that rely on hooking over the rear headrests, which we don’t have) or covers that say they fit the Hardtop.
Has anyone found some one who makes such seat covers?
Or Is there a big difference between the Hardtop and Convertible rear sets?
cheers jb
Sponsored

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
The coupe has split folding seat back the convertible does not. Car Id Has seat covers

OP
OP
TasGT

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Contacted Supertrim in Dandenong yesterday who make Neoprene covers but did not list the Convertible.
They got back to me today saying they had the pattern for the convertible rear seats too.
👍🏻 Winner, just ordered a set from them 😄

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
Thanks TasGT I just ordered for the back as well.
My daily, Jeep GC, also has Supertrim back seat but what I notice is that the front skirt is not long enough. I asked if he could make it a bit longer for the 'vert. He said he would discuss it with the guy who is making it.

How is yours fitting any problems?

OP
OP
TasGT

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
My daily, Jeep GC, also has Supertrim back seat but what I notice is that the front skirt is not long enough. I asked if he could make it a bit longer for the 'vert. He said he would discuss it with the guy who is making it.

Yes I wish I had know to ask for that, it does need to be longer as there is not much to wrap under. I could not figure out how to pop the seat base off to try and pin it under there either. Let me know if you know how to do that 😄👍🏻

Sponsored

OP
OP
TasGT

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)

Also This was just after I fitted them. So still creased from transport
840E6332-B410-41EA-B814-FAE4B83F1C89.jpeg

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
Have they improved over time. I have been using a sheet but with the headrest fixing there does not seem to be much room to secure it. My dog, all 50Kgs of him, moves around and could unintentionally pull it apart. How good/secure are the fixings and does it have velcro to hold things in place?

PS Like your 'vert colour choice!

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
I have had the seat out before, when I installed SmartTop, and when I get the seat cover I will document it. I expect I will put some more velcro in especially if the front skirt is too short.

OP
OP
TasGT

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Have they improved over time. I have been using a sheet but with the headrest fixing there does not seem to be much room to secure it. My dog, all 50Kgs of him, moves around and could unintentionally pull it apart. How good/secure are the fixings and does it have velcro to hold things in place?

PS Like your 'vert colour choice!
Yup we have good taste in colour. 😄👍🏻
From memory I think it does have some Velcro but I could not do much with it as access with the seat all fixed down was very poor.
at the top it just tucks down over the head rests. Unfortunately I can’t get to take a good look at the moment for you to refresh my memory as my back has given way and I am fairly Imobile for a while. Have not yet had Dino in the back as we also bought one of those hammock style dog things to go over the top of it and protect the back of the front seats as well. That’s been in the Australia post system for 6 weeks now, it only had to come from Sydney😂.
if my back improves I will try and take a better look for you over the weekend.
cheers John

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
Yup we have good taste in colour. 😄👍🏻
Unfortunately I can’t get to take a good look at the moment for you to refresh my memory as my back has given way and I am fairly Imobile for a while. . That’s been in the Australia post system for 6 weeks now, it only had to come from Sydney😂.
if my back improves I will try and take a better look for you over the weekend.
cheers John
I also am not too mobile having had a year ago, a spinal decompression op, and will have to get help when installing it. I am in Sydney, eastern suburbs, and hope it doesn't take 6 weeks to get here. I thought that they all ame from from Dandenong not Sydney. Off topic I bought something in the states recently and chose cheapest who was Fedex and it got here in 10-11 days.

There is a yellow again in the my21.5 series but I have not seen it in the flesh - have you?. I would like to trade up mainly for the safety stuff which my model does not have but I love tripple yellowI guess I could always have it wrapped!

Sponsored
OP
OP
TasGT

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I also am not too mobile having had a year ago, a spinal decompression op, and will have to get help when installing it. I am in Sydney, eastern suburbs, and hope it doesn't take 6 weeks to get here. I thought that they all ame from from Dandenong not Sydney. Off topic I bought something in the states recently and chose cheapest who was Fedex and it got here in 10-11 days.

There is a yellow again in the my21.5 series but I have not seen it in the flesh - have you?. I would like to trade up mainly for the safety stuff which my model does not have but I love tripple yellowI guess I could always have it wrapped!
This is a photo with the top part way up so you can see how it fits over the head rests. (it’s an Airax wind stopper in front of the seats )
9702473F-BF0C-4195-89BE-BF521026D9CC.jpeg

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
I got mine this morning but won't be installing them for a while as I am probably going to upgrade to 21my. They are hard to find so when/if I get a new vert the first thing to go in will be the seat cover. Bad news is none of the colours really appeal but I want the safety things which mine does not have.
Will post a pic when they are fitted.

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
I got my new white vert and have to yet to get used to the new colour. I installed the covers which are not a great fit and I used velcro where it was likely to be dragged around by my GSD. Not the beast looking but at least it protectts the car back seats. Will take some pictures after I have installed the SmartTop which involves taking out the side panel and the seat and will try to fit it better and it would had some time to acclimatize.

OP
OP
TasGT

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I got my new white vert and have to yet to get used to the new colour. I installed the covers which are not a great fit and I used velcro where it was likely to be dragged around by my GSD. Not the beast looking but at least it protectts the car back seats. Will take some pictures after I have installed the SmartTop which involves taking out the side panel and the seat and will try to fit it better and it would had some time to acclimatize.
Just watched a video this AM on how to get the rear seat out and am going to try and get mine tighter too. Did they make the front edge longer like you asked them to?

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
Just watched a video this AM on how to get the rear seat out and am going to try and get mine tighter too. Did they make the front edge longer like you asked them to?
I am not sure if it is longer as I don't know the standard length. However what I have done is used a lot of velcro. I have pushed it in rather than go straight and the velcro appears to hold it well. How easy it will be to take out I will find out possibly this week when I install the smarttop unit which is under the seat.

What I will say is that it is a very loose fit but if the velcro holds it and prevents it riding up /coming out then I can live with that. If I were doing this for passengers I would not accept it .

Sorry have no pictures but my phone is playing up. When I do the install this or next week I can use my digital camera.
Sponsored