• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rear fog lights

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
This must be hard wired. Does it work with forescan?
Nah am just kidding with the coding workflow, But this sounds like a nice project kit to create and sell to EU owners.
Would be interesting to see how EU dealers are satisfying that requirements without odd buttons, or weird looking aftermarket lights.
Sponsored

OP
OP

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
Nah am just kidding with the coding workflow, But this sounds like a nice project kit to create and sell to EU owners.
Would be interesting to see how EU dealers are satisfying that requirements without odd buttons, or weird looking aftermarket lights.
The EU Mustangs comes with a whole different unit below the licence plate where we have the reverse light. The reverse light unit has two functions. The red light as a fog light and the white light for the reverse.

They also have a lightswitch on the dash that has the fog light as an extra option.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Yup rear fog light is part of the reversing light cluster on EU models.

Fog lights should be mounted down low to shine under the fog, at both front and rear.
Only one light is fitted to the rear as to not confuse with the 3 brake lights / 2 tail lights.

They are mostly there to enable you to see the other vehicle (hence front fogs used to be yellow) when visibility is reduced.
This has mostly been replaced by DRL's at the front.
They are to be used in times of poor visibility in the UK which does include heavy rain.

Since most cars have auto lights these days there are many drivers that don't even turn on their lights in the fog, and fog coloured cars can easily blend in with the murk.

Tail lights are dim enough that they cant break through much fog, it happens more times than i like where a couple of cars in front of me only have normal lights on and one further up has fogs on. We go over a hill on something into a patch of denser fog and the cars in front disappear but i can still see the one a few ahead of them that had the fogs on.

They do provide some additional illumination at night when you cant use main beam.

It baffles me why over the pond that you use the same colour light in the same location for tail light, brake light and turn indicators, madness! (Technology connections has a rant on this)

For the most part in europe they are 3 different lights in two colours, so indicators can never be confused with brakes.

Last edited:

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
I'm going to ship my Mustang to Europe and to have it on European plates I need to add rear fog lights to the vehicle.

The American/Canadian models do not have rear fog lights and I guess there aren't European S650's yet driving around in Europe.

On the S550 there is a conversion kit, to have the unit of your reverse light combined with the rear fog light.

For the Americans over here who never heard about rwar fog lights.

These are very very bright red lights (hurt your eyes) in the rear that you are only allowed to use when in heavy fog to prevent people who are driving behind you from crashing in your rear end.

How is the American / Canadian Spec to pass Standards in Europe as they have very strict emissions ? It will not be Euro6 compliant, it must have Petrol particulate filter and also Compulsory on European safety standards have different headrests due to tougher whiplash requirements, the seats head rest be designed to reduce the for whiplash.

It's the same guide sleeves for the head rest but different bend in the headrest post with new foam. Yes you should be able to retro fit without an issue but another hassle not just the fog lights.

Lastly US Mustangs have slim, sleek side mirrors whereas European Mustangs have much taller and wider mirrors you'll need to change it. I could be wrong maybe the compliancy is for automakers to follow guidelines for marketing the product into Europe but solo importer can get away with who knows. I tried to import Golf GTI 40 anniversary (Clubsport) into Canada from AU and this model is only known on AU and EU market. it was a hassle. Transport Canada wanted a piece of paper from VW confirming the Australian spec is compliant to Canadian guidelines and I got no answer from VW I was thrown back and forth with Head office Australia they said contact Germany and Germany said contact Australia I was like F*ck it too much hassle and then I would have to convert into Left hand steer.

Last edited:
OP
OP

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
How is the American / Canadian Spec to pass Standards in Europe as they have very strict emissions ? It will not be Euro6 compliant, it must have Petrol particulate filter and also Compulsory on European safety standards have different headrests due to tougher whiplash requirements, the seats head rest be designed to reduce the for whiplash.

It's the same guide sleeves for the head rest but different bend in the headrest post with new foam. Yes you should be able to retro fit without an issue but another hassle not just the fog lights.

Lastly US Mustangs have slim, sleek side mirrors whereas European Mustangs have much taller and wider mirrors you'll need to change it. I could be wrong maybe the compliancy is for automakers to follow guidelines for marketing the product into Europe but solo importer can get away with who knows. I tried to import Golf GTI 40 anniversary (Clubsport) into Canada from AU and this model is only known on AU and EU market. it was a hassle. Transport Canada wanted a piece of paper from VW confirming the Australian spec is compliant to Canadian guidelines and I got no answer from VW I was thrown back and forth with Head office Australia they said contact Germany and Germany said contact Australia I was like F*ck it too much hassle and then I would have to convert into Left hand steer.
Because there is a different law for people that live in the US and move with their goods to Europe.

There are many US spec Mustangs in Europe and there are also many other ways to get approval. Companies know the tricks to get them approved. Just pay and you are good.

Headrests, mirrors and particle filters are not for private imported vehicles.

The only thing you have to change in the country I'm going to live in are rear fog lights because I have the 401A optin which includes blinkers on the side mirrors.

if you don't have the 401A package you need an aftermarket set of side blinkers.

Some other European countries only allow orange blinkers in the rear and the red sequential lights must turn on at the same time. So either you need to program it on Forescan or buy European rear lights.

The tax on Mustangs in some European countries can be higher than the price of the Mustang itself. So for the person who imports the Mustang it's always a big win, even if you pay to get the car approved for European roads.
Sponsored

Last edited: