Sponsored

Rear fog light bulb - Specifications?

Neko-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EB
Finally found out why the rear foglight on my 2019 isn't working... At the very least there isn't a bulb in there...

Now I've been searching to find the appropriate bulb that should fit in there, but so far have been unable to find anything specifically talking about the rear-foglight. Plenty of info on the front-fogs, but those aren't the issue I'm having.

Going by the backuplights the connector should be a 3157, but I got one of those today and it's too big for the fitting. So is there anyone that can tell me what kind of bulb needs to go in here?

20231202_132436923_iOS.jpg
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Found this on the Australia site (the US doesn’t have the rear fog light). Hope this helps.

IMG_3778.jpeg

OP
OP
Neko-

Neko-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EB
W16W... Well, that sounds like something workable. I can find something on that, so just placed an order to get one of those delivered. Not like it's THAT expensive

Thanks... You found more than I did. Didn't specifically look for the Australian sites, but in Europe that light is mandatory aswell... But most you can find talks about the reverse lights, and the front fogs. Rarely the reverse fogs are talked about.

OP
OP
Neko-

Neko-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EB
Bulb arrived yesterday. Today in the light (and in a parkinggarage which was a bit dryer than the outside) fitted the thing, and snapped right in. Checked the functionality and all is well.

So the W16W bulb is a perfect fit for the rear fog light. Thanks again :)

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O