Sponsored

Rear Bumper Sag - Looks Like Attempt At A Fix On The 2018s Going Forward?

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
So apparently FORD hasn't fixed the slightly under spec'd drivers side rear quarter panel, at least on our 2018. Makes the tail light sit a little further into its pocket. I added 3 washers on our 2015 GTPP, a fix recommended by another member JWS when he did the same on his 50th.

Anyhoo, upon removing the tail light assembly, I noticed that there is now a rivet attachment point added. If I recall correctly, our 2015 did not have that when I removed the base bumper to modify it for the ROUSH quad exhaust valance. Of course the gap is still present just like on the first gens hence why I use the word "attempt". I was gonna try to fit the rear bumper flush until I saw the rivet. I'm assuming the TSB fix for these sagging rear bumpers is the same.
20180902_110709.jpg
Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Dang it's been a day and your tearing into it already ? Had to get a new premium bumper this year and had to do the same work to adjust the tension to get better rear bumper fitment .

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I added 3 washers on our 2015 GTPP, a fix recommended by another member JWS when he did the same on his 50th.
So you added the washers to the studs on the backside of the taillight assembly before placing it back onto the body, is that correct?

OP
OP
rvlyssup

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
So you added the washers to the studs on the backside of the taillight assembly before placing it back onto the body, is that correct?
Correct.
Sponsored