Sponsored

Real World C8 tests by Motortrend (Compare to GT500)

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Oh didn’t realize it was the “force dyno”. Wonder what the barometric pressure was in that room?

Also funny how they compared it to a turbo diesel that could care less about barometric pressure.
Seems disingenuous.
One wonders what the hell they were thinking when they took those (and the GT350) horsepower numbers at face value. One car...OK, maybe a factory freak. But they continue to dyno cars with outlandish horsepower numbers and amp these cars up like they are underrated. They are doing a disservice to their own reporting. Fake news I tell you!

As for the pressure, who knows. Hell, they probably threw the thermal probe in the exhaust to jack up the corrected horsepower as well.
Sponsored

Scorpio27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
17 Hellcat A8 -18 Mustang GT PP A10
Yup such a disappointment. I mean why would i pay 67 grand for a 1lt z51 and get a slow ass car 0-60 in 2.8s quarter mile in 11.1 and above 1g lateral? There are faster cars out there for less money like GT350R. It is totally a disappointment. I was expecting 0-60 mph less than 2 seconds quarter mile in the 10’s and a roadcoarse warrior hang with a ZR1 c7 vette. I ll pass.
ME TOO!!!!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
To prove the dyno issue, they should smog it. See what the particle numbers are. That would tell a tale as well.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Saw 2 this week. It's the mullet of sports cars. Business in the front, party at the back

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
There is a lot of contention on this subject. A lot of the corvette folks are extremely disappointing by the 1 second, as many attribute it to mostly better tires.
Possibly. I am a little shocked it wasn't faster actually just based on GM past history going from generation to generation.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ford did it too with the GT350, GM let these boobs from MT run the car on a happy dyno, so stupid

I agree the more I look at the C8 the back half looks meh, and I’m a GM guy who bought a Mustang :like:

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Ford did it too with the GT350, GM let these boobs from MT run the car on a happy dyno, so stupid

I agree the more I look at the C8 the back half looks meh, and I’m a GM guy who bought a Mustang :like:
The back end of the car would look good with some modifications. Lowered, wheels, diffuser, new wing, etc. like many other cars. I think you can fix the elongated proportions with those
Sponsored