Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I agree, Jared, for sure Terrance can do it and I hope the interest is substantial.

I think about a road hazard flat tire situation every time I get in the car and in my book, a working spare would pay for itself the first time you avoided what might be a really bad towing event.

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL
I have always just carried around the fix a flat, but a functional spare would be nice. I hit up Terrance on his Facebook post, so hopefully we'll hear from him soon.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that, Jared..I don't Fakebook I'm afraid although my wife sure does.

And I too carry cans of the goop along with plugs and a 12v scissor jack. They have saved me on one previous occasion in my other car. That's when I got a spare.

I hope there's a viable solution since this girl is a challenge for sure.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have always just carried around the fix a flat, but a functional spare would be nice. I hit up Terrance on his Facebook post, so hopefully we'll hear from him soon.
This was all looked at in the heyday of the GT350 over in that section. Terrance couldn't get enough people and the price was steep if I recall.

The chairman posted the name of the folks who make the GT350 spare. Reach out to them and see if they will make one. The problem here is quantity. This is the first model year and there really aren't many of us. If there wasnt enough people to get terrance to make one at the height of the GT350, then I doubt there will be now.

It doesn't hurt to ask though.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
This was all looked at in the heyday of the GT350 over in that section. Terrance couldn't get enough people and the price was steep if I recall.

The chairman posted the name of the folks who make the GT350 spare. Reach out to them and see if they will make one. The problem here is quantity. This is the first model year and there really aren't many of us. If there wasnt enough people to get terrance to make one at the height of the GT350, then I doubt there will be now.

It doesn't hurt to ask though.
Terrance recently put out a feeler on Fakebook, asking if people wanted a spare for the GT500. I tagged him to this post, but he hasn't replied. Guess I will shoot him text.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Terrance recently put out a feeler on Fakebook, asking if people wanted a spare for the GT500. I tagged him to this post, but he hasn't replied. Guess I will shoot him text.
That's T. I spoke to him yesterday, I should have asked.

The way I see it is that if he couldn't get enough people from the GT350 crowd, then the 500 will be a tough one.

I'd love to have one, but the price tag was steep too.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
The alternative is finding a cheap 20 wheel (one that fits the back and clears caliper), having it narrowed (if you want it to fit in trunk flush), then buying an off the shelf spacer to use it on the front. Your looking at cost of the wheel, + narrowing, + wheel hub spacer.....so your looking at $600-$700 minimum assuming such a wheel exists that can be modified and is somewhat inexpensive and an off the shelf spacer exists in the right dimension......The hardest part is finding the donor wheel as it would be pure trial and error , unless you want to butcher a rear GT500 wheel..

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for that, Jared..I don't Fakebook I'm afraid although my wife sure does.

And I too carry cans of the goop along with plugs and a 12v scissor jack. They have saved me on one previous occasion in my other car. That's when I got a spare.

I hope there's a viable solution since this girl is a challenge for sure.

Three letters:

AAA:angel::angel::giggle::giggle:

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Jim. I've been a triple A customer in the past, I believe we switched to someone else awhile back. But, your mention made me curious...did it imply that they can guarantee the proper wrecker for the job?

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, Jim. I've been a triple A customer in the past, I believe we switched to someone else awhile back. But, your mention made me curious...did it imply that they can guarantee the proper wrecker for the job?
I dont guarantee nor warranty any wrecker thingy.....:lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
The alternative is finding a cheap 20 wheel (one that fits the back and clears caliper), having it narrowed (if you want it to fit in trunk flush), then buying an off the shelf spacer to use it on the front. Your looking at cost of the wheel, + narrowing, + wheel hub spacer.....so your looking at $600-$700 minimum assuming such a wheel exists that can be modified and is somewhat inexpensive and an off the shelf spacer exists in the right dimension......The hardest part is finding the donor wheel as it would be pure trial and error , unless you want to butcher a rear GT500 wheel..
There was a guy on here who did exactly that (pertaining to the GT350). He bought a 19" wheel, cut it down, welded it and had a spare for not a lot of $$.

On a side note, I reached out to Terrance. Its 7:30AM on the west coast, so I guess he's sleeping in. He's good about getting back to me. I will let you know what he says if he doesn't chime in first.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I wonder if it's possible to get an OEM front wheel? I think I could deal with a bump in the trunk.
Problem is an OEM front wheel won't work on the back!
Sponsored