Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
@AMAlexLazarus Stalking? yes. Instagram? no.

You better not leave us with a dud. I'll give every one of your videos a thumbs down if your replacement sucks. Requirements: A Representative that PM's me Great Discount Codes and the best customer service and savings possible!.
[MENTION=21972]cbass[/MENTION]

I tweaked this slightly for you. Have no fear they'll be great.

Alex
Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)

Nav is live. No, It's not a joke. click the image above and if you'd like a DISCOUNT CODE just shoot me a PM.

Thanks for your patience guys...Especially you Pat :)

Alex

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10

Nav is live. No, It's not a joke. click the image above and if you'd like a DISCOUNT CODE just shoot me a PM.​

Thanks for your patience guys...Especially you Pat :)

Alex​
Is navigation optional? If so, is there a difference in price?

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Is navigation optional? If so, is there a difference in price?
[MENTION=24222]TEXAS HEAT[/MENTION] - Good question and I can see how that's a little funky on the wording right? This is one complete unit. Let me know if anything else and I'm here to help.

Alex

Sponsored

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1
[MENTION=24222]TEXAS HEAT[/MENTION] - Good question and I can see how that's a little funky on the wording right? This is one complete unit. Let me know if anything else and I'm here to help.

Alex

Are all the bugs ironed out alex?:clap2:

RubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT 6MT, Ruby Red with Ceramic Interior
Where is the SD card for the navigation files located at on the AM Raxiom unit located?

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Are all the bugs ironed out alex?:clap2:
[MENTION=16361]Jesse R[/MENTION] - It's bad business for me to say yes to this. Historically speaking something always comes up right? To date with our beta testers Zach was the only one to bring up the screen bleed etc. All is looking good so far but in the event that anyone is to have a unit purchased and there's an issue we're not going to split hairs here with trail and error or making customers fiddle with one thing or another. We're quick to act and will never leave someone with a bad taste in their mouth over a purchase as large as this.

Alex

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
[MENTION=16361]Jesse R[/MENTION] - It's bad business for me to say yes to this. Historically speaking something always comes up right? To date with our beta testers Zach was the only one to bring up the screen bleed etc. All is looking good so far but in the event that anyone is to have a unit purchased and there's an issue we're not going to split hairs here with trail and error or making customers fiddle with one thing or another. We're quick to act and will never leave someone with a bad taste in their mouth over a purchase as large as this.

Alex
To add to this, I think I have determined why mine had screen bleed. It depends on how you install the unit and how much torque you put on the bezel screws when you reinstall the circuit board. Since the LCD panel is mounted to the bezel, it will flex with the bezel. When reinstalling the screws the bezel will flex/bend quite a bit depending on the torque from one screw to the other. This bending of the bezel can cause the LCD to warp and thereby increase or even decrease light bleed. So my suggestion to all that purchase would be to pay attention to exactly how much torque you are placing on each screw and A) don't put to much and B) try to get an even amount of torque from side to side.

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
To add to this, I think I have determined why mine had screen bleed. It depends on how you install the unit and how much torque you put on the bezel screws when you reinstall the circuit board. Since the LCD panel is mounted to the bezel, it will flex with the bezel. When reinstalling the screws the bezel will flex/bend quite a bit depending on the torque from one screw to the other. This bending of the bezel can cause the LCD to warp and thereby increase or even decrease light bleed. So my suggestion to all that purchase would be to pay attention to exactly how much torque you are placing on each screw and A) don't put to much and B) try to get an even amount of torque from side to side.
But would the bleed be fixed after it's happened?
I see it on all of the units I laid my hands on

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
But would the bleed be fixed after it's happened?
I see it on all of the units I laid my hands on
I doubt you will be able to get rid of all of it but you can significantly reduce it as I found out. The quality of the screen used is not as good as I would have hoped. 800x480 resolution, 450 nit brightness, and a 500:1 contrast ratio is not that good for sunlight readability. Just one variant up from Hannstar would have given this screen a 600 nit brightness and an 800:1 contrast ratio. Not to mention an higher resolution at 1024x600 instead of 800x480.

For reference, an OEM MFT LCD has an 800x480 resolution, 650 nit brightness (450 minimum), and a 1000:1 contrast ratio. These things are most important for sunlight readability.

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
I doubt you will be able to get rid of all of it but you can significantly reduce it as I found out. The quality of the screen used is not as good as I would have hoped. 800x480 resolution, 450 nit brightness, and a 500:1 contrast ratio is not that good for sunlight readability. Just one variant up from Hannstar would have given this screen a 600 nit brightness and an 800:1 contrast ratio. Not to mention an higher resolution at 1024x600 instead of 800x480.

For reference, an OEM MFT LCD has an 800x480 resolution, 650 nit brightness (450 minimum), and a 1000:1 contrast ratio. These things are most important for sunlight readability.

Found this during my desperate search for replacements lol
I dunno if it has the same connectors

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
For anyone who had this question... I asked Raxiom where the SD card slot was located, and they confirmed it was in the front. The Moddiction unit moved it to the back so this was an important distinction for me.
Sponsored