Raxiom Switchback Turn Signal Semi Functional

TheEnglishGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick & Erin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, Ruby Red, Blackout Pkg, Manual
I installed the Raxiom Switchback Turn Signal LEDs. Three out of four (two smaller outer and one larger inner) went well but one had issues.

It turns on, orange, when blinking but it off the rest of the time (as opposed to on and white like the other side).

Worse, swapping back in the factory bulb, it only turns on when blinking, not all of the time, now.

Anyone have any ideas for what I may have done? And, ideally, how to fix it.
Sponsored

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
You can email or call your reseller and tell them your problem. Raxiom will get in touch with you and get things worked out. Their customer service is excellent. Good luck. It could be just a defective LED and if it is Raxiom will send you out a new one.

OP
OP
TheEnglishGuy

TheEnglishGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick & Erin
Vehicle(s)
I don't think it was anything broken with the Raxiom lights themselves. Even swapping the original bulb back in, it didn't come on in running light (as opposed to blinking) mode.

The interesting thing was, 24 hours later, it was back working again. My guess is a relay or something similar tripped and then ultimately reset.

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
I don't think it was anything broken with the Raxiom lights themselves. Even swapping the original bulb back in, it didn't come on in running light (as opposed to blinking) mode.

The interesting thing was, 24 hours later, it was back working again. My guess is a relay or something similar tripped and then ultimately reset.
I have a similar problem with Raxiom Stage 1 Interior light kit. Installed all of the lights except for one of the visor vanity lights. Came out next morning to try to get this last light to go in and now none if them work. No vanity lights, no glovebox light & no trunk light. Also my programmed button to open my garage doesn't work either.

Emailed America Muscle who will contact Raxiom but I am like WTF?? It just seems like this kind of stuff always happens to me. I just wait for a resolution...again.:frusty: The map lights work only when I open or lock the car. So the lights work but they did something to the entire circuit.

OP
OP
TheEnglishGuy

TheEnglishGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick & Erin
Vehicle(s)
Raxiom/Diode Dynamics interior bulbs are famous for people blowing fuses as they try to install them. I'd read so many stories that I was crazily careful when I installed mine.

Because the interior lights are usually on and the contact wires are fairly flexible on the bulbs, it's common to short out the contacts and blow a fuse in the process. I'd heard so many accounts that I'd debated keeping extra fuses on hand.

From the looks of it, it's a 10A fuse in the passenger compartment fuse panel. Fuse #1.
Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 3.02.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 3.01.45 PM.png

Sponsored

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
The English Guy... LOL!! Thank you for this. It wasn't until I got home that I figured that a fuse was blown. What I didn't know was which fuse or where it was located. I'll go get a couple new fuses tomorrow. So thank you.

In the meantime I'll put in the remaining two fuses in first. I have two now because I took out the vanity LED that just had one bulb in it. When the other lights still didn't come on I knew it was a blown fuse. I didn't read any of the blown fuse threads. Now I know.

You figure out your issue?

OP
OP
TheEnglishGuy

TheEnglishGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick & Erin
Vehicle(s)
No idea why the light was out for 24h, even when swapping in the stock bulb, yet suddenly started working again. Best guess is something tripped but ultimately reset.

Now I've got to reach in and fix the rear sidemarkers. I'm pretty sure I just didn't connect one properly and that's why both are out.

Diode Dynamics have a long running thread about single LEDs going out on them but having all LEDs on both out seems unlikely. Hence my guessing a loose connection.

The b*tch of it is you have to reach in right beside the exhaust - so can't do it until the car's cooled or you burn yourself - and the clip is stupidly hard to release without pressing your thumb against the blade of a flat screwdriver and the screwdriver against the clip. So I've been kind of hiding from that one.

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
When I took put in my turn signal LED's those three round, black plugs that go in the holes inside the wheel wells all got replaced and all fell out on both sides of the car..LOL. I had to buy 6 new plugs.

I'm still waiting for Raxiom to send me the little light that wouldn't fit before I put them back in. I'm sure somebody sells a better plug for the holes. The factory ones are lame with that little button in the middle. Where are you in SoCal?

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a similar problem with Raxiom Stage 1 Interior light kit. Installed all of the lights except for one of the visor vanity lights. Came out next morning to try to get this last light to go in and now none if them work. No vanity lights, no glovebox light & no trunk light. Also my programmed button to open my garage doesn't work either.

Emailed America Muscle who will contact Raxiom but I am like WTF?? It just seems like this kind of stuff always happens to me. I just wait for a resolution...again.:frusty: The map lights work only when I open or lock the car. So the lights work but they did something to the entire circuit.

This happened to me as well. Overnight the next day everything was working again ;-) I tripped something in the install but no fuses were blown.
Sponsored