2016 GT fastback black
hi anybody have solutions for fixing those rattles on the dash board? tom
Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Hi Tom, the first trick and the hardest is to isolate the rattle and squeak. The painful thing is they can sound like they are coming from one place but end up being somewhere else :headbonk:

I have successfully isolated 3 and used a variety of stuff from a craft shop, thin felt sheets and thin foam sheets with adhesive back. The dash rattle turned out to be between the aluminum trim and rev metre trim, i cut a strip of felt and put between the two. 2 rattle was the trim piece near the auto stick button which I stopped by a thin strip of felt and 3rd was the seat belt metal buckle moving around making sounds every time I went over a bump that i fixed with the adhesive backed foam. All fixes required no pulling apart, not alldash related but hope it helps.

IMG_20170520_122142.jpg

IMG_20170520_122123.jpg

IMG_20170520_123606.jpg

IMG_20170520_123623.jpg

tevery13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Fastback - Ingot Silver
I had a rattle in the dash above the far right hand side air con vent.. pushing or touching it stopped the rattling temporarily. Told Ford about it on the first service, and they fixed it without complaint. Apparently a clip had come undone and some double sided tape came unstuck.

Ro369

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rohan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB - Magnetic
@ Tim: i had the same issue. Took the car to the dealer last week and they have ordered a new part to be replaced this week under warranty. Apparently it is a know issue.

The gap on mine is quite prominent, hence the replacement. I also had the rattling sound coming from the rear quarter window behind the driver seat. They have fixed it now (The job card says, the C pillar panel removed and tightened).
Sponsored