Sponsored

Rattle that follows my Mustang's

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Seriously, Ford needs to see this and hire you for interior rattle proofing. The fact they don't use felt where parts can rattle is astounding. I know the bean counters scream cost! cost! cost! but for me paying this much for a "Premium" car should net a premium experience and Ford even though I love them has a way to go with this.

Awesome write up, definitely saving as new rattle show up.
My last car was a Mercedes. It rattled something awful but they tend to have very stiff suspension and handling which may contribute to such issues.

One of the most vibration free interiors I've seen has been in a Buick. I think the Koreans are getting good at it too.
Sponsored

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
If any of you have rattle problems pm me! I had a very first production 15 gtpp that i picked up in Sep 2014 with ton of rattle problems! I fixed them all by disassembling the dash, instrument clusters, cup holders, shifter lock out ring, door panels and rear deck areas. To fix the problem all i had to do was use sticky felt paper or bathroom sponge ( literally) on clips and contact points! Some materials they used in the interior ( mostly plastic ) are really temperature sensitive and due to bad tolerances they move with thermal expansion and contraction!
Hey just saw this old post. Did you ever by chance have like a small tink sound rattle coming from the driver side seatbelt latch area? Basically right behind your left ear. I can't track down this constant tinkering rattle coming from that area at low speeds. The sound is like an intermittent "tink-tink" as opposed to an obnoxious rattle.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
I was driving home the other day and "WTF is that squeak?" and immediately thought of you guys.

Haven't looked into it yet but it was lower passenger side (door) squeak caused by raised highway cracks. Also the first noise that has bothered me so far.

(This car has yet to do a lot of cobblestone streets 20k miles)
Sponsored