Sponsored

Raptor shifter paddles on Mustang wheel?

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Does anyone know if the Raptor's shift paddles can fit on a Mustang wheel?

The Mustang paddles are a bit on the pathetic/plastic side. I don't want to do extensions but would rather have something with the Raptor's design.

Ideally I'd like to do it on a GT350 style wheel.
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Does anyone know if the Raptor's shift paddles can fit on a Mustang wheel?

The Mustang paddles are a bit on the pathetic/plastic side. I don't want to do extensions but would rather have something with the Raptor's design.

Ideally I'd like to do it on a GT350 style wheel.
The Raptor paddles mount different than the Mustang paddles. Probably won’t work easily.

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
I was thinking about doing the same thing, probably should wait till the GT500 Steering Wheel comes out, since it looks like it has Raptor Style Paddle Shifters

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
I was thinking about doing the same thing, probably should wait till the GT500 Steering Wheel comes out, since it looks like it has Raptor Style Paddle Shifters
Yeah looks like those are probably going to be a direct bolt up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
From closeup pictures I saw, the GT500 shifting paddles do seem to mount in the same way as any other automatic-equipped S550, and they are made of magnesium too!

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
From closeup pictures I saw, the GT500 shifting paddles do seem to mount in the same way as any other automatic-equipped S550, and they are made of magnesium too!
That’s what I gathered. The GT500 wheel looks identical to the GT350 wheel. The GT350 wheel has the provisions to mount the auto paddles assuming you swap the back side trim piece on the wheel. So I’d bet they will drop right in. Assuming the electrical connector is the same (probably is) they will probably fit right up and work just fine.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
That’s what I gathered. The GT500 wheel looks identical to the GT350 wheel. The GT350 wheel has the provisions to mount the auto paddles assuming you swap the back side trim piece on the wheel. So I’d bet they will drop right in. Assuming the electrical connector is the same (probably is) they will probably fit right up and work just fine.
That’s what I was thinking too. I’m looking forward to when those GT500 specific parts become available to purchase, but I also have no doubt the magnesium paddle shifters will be very expensive.

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I'd like to perhaps do the whole GT500 wheel but it looks like the buttons would need to swap out.

In other car's I've seen full aftermarket levers available for swap but that doesn't exist

The little plastic flaps we have for paddles don't belong on a car like this!
Sponsored