Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I just found something that I can actually complain about. Why the hell is the cabin air filter where it is? Why do you need to unscrew a torx screw to get to it?

Changing the filter in the Charger:
1. Open hood
2. Lift filter cover
3. Remove old filter and drop in replacement

Changing the filter in the Mustang:
1. Clear out glovebox
2. Partially disassemble glovebox
3. Awkwardly get your hands into the dash, and unscrew a tiny torx screw (don't drop it!)
4. Pull the old dirty filter through half of the interior of the dash
5. Partially crush the new filter to wrestle it in place
6. Refit the cover and screw in the torx screw (that you didn't drop in Step 3.)
Follow the money. Which causes more owners to pay someone to do it and which procedure would those people get paid more to do?
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Holy crap. Dealers in NYC charge $110 per hour.
And the problem is ? $110 is extremely low. Sam Pack's 5 Star Ford is at $170 hr in the D/FW area.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Damn ........... Ya mean I gotta check the oil ? :explode:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I need to go back to sleep .........
sleepy.gif

Sponsored

TXBlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I liked the PP spoiler that came on the car. I hated the flimsy fitment and the fact that the adhesive came loose on a car I’ve only had since November 2019. Why should there have been so much play? Oh well. Ditched it for a MMD V series and it’s solid like it should have been in the first place.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
The oil consumption is getting silly, im down 1/2 quart already and its only been 800 miles since my last change. Either Pennzoil is twice as bad at evaporating as the oem fill or this motor is a lemon, lol. I mean maybe it will magically stop after 4,000 miles but I'm kinda skeptical at this point. It's only really burning it at high RPM so maybe its time to throw a catch can on there.

So yeah, I hate that.
I hear ya.

I took mine in the end of May to have Ford do a consumption test. They changed the oil and marked the dipstick and plug and told me to bring it back when I put 1000 miles on it. The they’ll drain and measure to see what the loss is.

If this rain ever stops on the weekends I’ll eventually get the mileage needed. Since end of May I’ve put only like 700 miles on it.

Total mileage on the car now is a hair over 16,000 and I’ve owned it two years. First oil change was done at the dealer. I’ve done the others and have had noticeable losses when I changed it. First time was a little over 1.5qts and second was a little over a quart.

Equally concerning was after the most recent change that I did when I checked the oil and the fluid was barely up to the bottom fill hole on the dipstick. That’s what prompted me to take it in.

drjeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium convertible, Kona Blue, 3.55 gears, active valve exhaust, 401A, safe and smart, B&O, polished aluminum wheels
I made life hard for myself by adding the strut tower brace, checking oil sucks now lol
I just got GT and it’s a convertible, so already has strut tower brace. It took me like 10 minutes to even find the dipstick. It’s really buried under there.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Gas tank is too small :wink:

drjeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium convertible, Kona Blue, 3.55 gears, active valve exhaust, 401A, safe and smart, B&O, polished aluminum wheels
I put the locking lugnuts that came with the car on today and they stick out too far. I had similar ones on my 2014 mustang except they were the same length as the regular lugnuts. Even worse, the key for them requires a different sized socket than the regular lugnuts. Every time I take off the wheels I’m going to be irritated.

Sponsored

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Minor gripes..

1. The window buttons are to far forward (that or my arms are stubby... but hey... I'm 5'6" at 195 lbs and pure white chocolate... and bald with a few tattoo's.. so maybe it's just me, IDK)
2. The door windows drop down a couple of inches when opened. Meaning that when I clean the inside of the windows I have to get in and shut the door to clean it all. Pisses me off... LOL
3. Sometimes I wish it had a rear window wiper, but that would probably look like shit unless it was able to be somewhat hidden when not in use.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but,........panel fitment.
It's not terrible, but could be better.

Cemclo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I liked the PP spoiler that came on the car. I hated the flimsy fitment and the fact that the adhesive came loose on a car I’ve only had since November 2019. Why should there have been so much play? Oh well. Ditched it for a MMD V series and it’s solid like it should have been in the first place.
wait so the PP1 spoiler isn’t bolted down in the center...?:D

Cemclo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Well I’m ashamed to say this but, with the plastic transmissions, the panel gaps, the clicking and ticking, the garbage sync 3 system, shitty clutch, rubber shifter and etc...

you know what really makes me mad is the map lights. The little tiny plastic piece by the rear view. It looks like something out of a 95 Honda. It doesn’t light up the car, there’s no cubbies, it can’t display information, it rattles with a system. It’s barely attached to the headliner. Could they really not spend 3 hrs to put some stuff up there. They just left the headliner completely blank just so I would wish everyday that it was convertible. I really have a love hate relationship with this car. I’m abusive too