Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Yeah- mine is ceramic coated, I am careful as heck around it- and it still seems to have some surface scratches
Ha, I have ceramic coat. I two bucket, use only new microfibers, foam cannon to float the dirt off first. hydrosonic tip on washer. air dry and I still get scratches on the damn thing.... grrrrrr I even use the High lub soap that encapsulates the dirt.. blah blah...
Sponsored

Jimmy5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2003 Silverado, 2020 Mustang GT PP2
Mass production vehicle....this is to be expected. However the dealership can do an adjustment under warranty up to a certain mileage. I'm also not seeing much of an issue lol...but maybe I'm not as picky.
its most noticeable if you are looking down the side of the vehicle, fender sits out quite far from the door but the gap is good so probably going to leave it. Dealer looked at it and is willing to adjust if I want it done...

Meat coyote racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Back up camera shorts out; then the picture quality turns into something that resembles VHS tapes that need the tracking adjusted.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
... my agent forgot to put on uninsured motorists insurance on my policy. I am screwed!
There's a thing called errors & omissions coverage if the agent messed up. It may be tough to prove, but if you have an email or if the agent admits his mistake, you have some recourse.

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
When I bought my 2018 Mustang GT PP1 at under 38k, I was disappointed in the panel fit, interior materials and the paint quality. Then I remember the price of my old rides and had to lighten up on Ford. Prior to my mustang my last three new cars were 2000 BMW 740 M sport at 90k+,2004 Audi A6 s line (I still have) at 45k, and lastly 2009 Caddy CTS-V at 75k. The Mustang is a great car for the price and the quality in my opinion of all the items noted above is perfect for the price we pay in todays $$$. Just look at the prices of my rides of the last 20 years and mark them up to today's $$$ if new and you can appreciate the value of the mustang.

We pay good money for these cars... they may not be 70/80k plus but it’s a good hard earned dollar built by people doing similar jobs just at different locations.
My car has minor panel fit issues what concerns me more are all the paint defects! Good power From the car but ford cheaped out on some things.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Mass production vehicle....this is to be expected. However the dealership can do an adjustment under warranty up to a certain mileage. I'm also not seeing much of an issue lol...but maybe I'm not as picky.
Really don't agree. Mass production should make it better ! Plenty of very well built mass produced cars from other manufacturers, and even Ford in Europe. My Mustang is pretty good, not sure if the European ones get more time spent on them, but some of the US owned cars are truly awful and should never leave the factory like that. They are like British built cars from the 1980's !

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
The worst thing about my GT is the stupid blue stripes it came with and all of the black plastic trim. If I was going to keep it, I would remove the stripes and paint the car all one color.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
The worst thing about my GT is the stupid blue stripes it came with and all of the black plastic trim. If I was going to keep it, I would remove the stripes and paint the car all one color.
Ditto on the plastic trim pieces. Anyone know how make the black plastic spoilers that run along the sides of the car between the tires, look better? Id armorall, but want a permanent solution. Can you paint?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Sponsored

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Really don't agree. Mass production should make it better ! Plenty of very well built mass produced cars from other manufacturers, and even Ford in Europe. My Mustang is pretty good, not sure if the European ones get more time spent on them, but some of the US owned cars are truly awful and should never leave the factory like that. They are like British built cars from the 1980's !
No, the European ones are just as terrible and they all get overspray on the arches and lower sills inside the door jams from the black underseal they spray underneath the car to prevent corrosion.

Paint quality is just as bad on all Mustangs. The Detroit factory should be closed and production moved to Mexico, Canada or Europe where Ford quality is better and more consistent.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Here are mine:
- not being able to turn the stupid dome lights off (not permanently, by activating ‘dark mode’, thru FORScan). It’s super annoying. I could do that on my F-150 thru a roof console switch.
- hard plastic is crap on this car. And panel fit is awful. Driver’s A-pillar, door sill, etc has awful fit; I suspect they had to be removed, for some reason.
- no oil temp gauge when info is in the system. Who the hell needs a freaking vacuum gauge? Geez.
- many parts/panels were never designed to be removed. Just stupid.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Here are mine:
- not being able to turn the stupid dome lights off (not permanently, by activating ‘dark mode’, thru FORScan). It’s super annoying. I could do that on my F-150 thru a roof console switch.
- hard plastic is crap on this car. And panel fit is awful. Driver’s A-pillar, door sill, etc has awful fit; I suspect they had to be removed, for some reason.
- no oil temp gauge when info is in the system. Who the hell needs a freaking vacuum gauge? Geez.
- many parts/panels were never designed to be removed. Just stupid.
I agree with the "who needs a Vacuum gauge" comment. That is why I replaced mine with a gt350 center gauge pack.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
Ditto on the plastic trim pieces. Anyone know how make the black plastic spoilers that run along the sides of the car between the tires, look better? Id armorall, but want a permanent solution. Can you paint?
I've seen them painted before.
20191206_152050.jpg
20191206_152023.jpg
Sponsored