Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

Mike A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustangs
I can't trade in for a GT rn
Sponsored

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I have XPEL ceramic coating on mine, and the protective film, too.

I can recommend to get it ceramic coated! buff out the scratches, polish it with very fine compound and pad, and coat it!

I have an other car with piano black roof and pillars which I had same scratch issue since the piano paint is softer than a vegans feelings and after I got it coated it stays so clear! I'm gonna do that to my 2020 GT as soon as it arrives with both the decklid and the black roof
I've taken a picture of my B-pillar and the coating is half a year old - car is daily driver and gets washed once a week.. not a scratch in sight :)
zuOcfJn.jpg

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
27 dang. Ok, I'll try mine is a pp1 car being a bullitt
Yeah they heat up to 30 in summer sometimes to 32 but 27 at 70 degrees cold is what I would try.

Sponsored

WestCoast5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Dang. YES.. rev hang. How do you get rid of that on 2015-2017 models outside a custom tune? Drives me nuts. Haven't figured out a way to trick it yet, either.
Just double clutch. A quick double-clutch when skipping gears will make the rpm fall.

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't get to drive it all winter, and winter here lasts from November to March/April
:(
I sympathize. I lived in Vermont for many years. I got sick of winter while I was still young and untied- moved to California at age 28. Now I not only drive it year round, and I actually choose to not drive it in the rain! It's a miracle.

Last edited:

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you stare at the rear deck-lid black panel it scratches.
Yeah- mine is ceramic coated, I am careful as heck around it- and it still seems to have some surface scratches

Sponsored

Johnnyracer222

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP 6 speed
MT 82

WHY FORD, WHY???

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
The stupid rev match on the manuals. Makes it impossible to skip gears
I skip gears, sometimes two, both upshifting and downshifting; rev match works perfect.

Edit: Not a 'worst thing,' and I generally don't like nannies anyway, but I was backing-up near to our plastic trash bins on pickup day, wanting to get as close as I could but the obstacle alert didn't sound! I presume the sensor is microwave, i.e. radar, maybe the trash cans had a stealth coating?

Jimmy5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2003 Silverado, 2020 Mustang GT PP2
Fit of the body panels, for some reason Ford quality control or lack of at the factory let her leave like this ....Still deciding if I will let the dealership body shop adjust the door since it’s warranty, could cause more problems.
461D427E-E91A-4659-B9FB-D1EB040F47A7.jpeg

W1cK3dSiK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2, 2020 F150 Lariat Sport
Fit of the body panels, for some reason Ford quality control or lack of at the factory let her leave like this ....Still deciding if I will let the dealership body shop adjust the door since it’s warranty, could cause more problems.
461D427E-E91A-4659-B9FB-D1EB040F47A7.jpeg
Mass production vehicle....this is to be expected. However the dealership can do an adjustment under warranty up to a certain mileage. I'm also not seeing much of an issue lol...but maybe I'm not as picky.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Mass production vehicle....this is to be expected. However the dealership can do an adjustment under warranty up to a certain mileage. I'm also not seeing much of an issue lol...but maybe I'm not as picky.
When I bought my 2018 Mustang GT PP1 at under 38k, I was disappointed in the panel fit, interior materials and the paint quality. Then I remember the price of my old rides and had to lighten up on Ford. Prior to my mustang my last three new cars were 2000 BMW 740 M sport at 90k+,2004 Audi A6 s line (I still have) at 45k, and lastly 2009 Caddy CTS-V at 75k. The Mustang is a great car for the price and the quality in my opinion of all the items noted above is perfect for the price we pay in todays $$$. Just look at the prices of my rides of the last 20 years and mark them up to today's $$$ if new and you can appreciate the value of the mustang.
Sponsored