Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Wait, hold on, what? Rev match is only when downshifting and it's whole purpose is to ease jumping gears. It doesn't do anything when upshifting.
Yeah I was going to say - I skip gears on the way up from time to time and never even considered not doing it.

I’ve also downshifted and skipped without issue. I don’t do that often but if I’m cruising in sixth and I decide to downshift to third time go after someone or whatever the car responds nicely.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Which is perfect if you plan on replacing them.. if not, opt for the PP1 or PP2.
That's rant-worthy all by itself . . . if a person wants only noticeably wider tires than 235/50 and has no interest in the rest of those packages, it shouldn't have to cost them $5000 just to upgrade the wheels & tires or send them to the aftermarket where they're still going to be shelling out a couple thousand dollars for anything decent.

Norm

Freerider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
'19 magnetic Ecoboost PP manual
The clacking bin my drivetrain when I push the clutch in going slowly in first second and reverse. Sounds like sheeyut

Sponsored

Kilo_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 5.0 401A, PP1,Magnetic Gray
Slack in the E-Brake, knee hits it causing the brake light to come on... just really annoying. Other than that, no complaints.

✌

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
When I put e brake up and dont drive it for a couple weeks it's like the brakes are glued to the wheel. Luckily I park in a flat garage so I just leave in gear and dont use it unless I'm going to release it that day. My only minor gripe. Btw love manual prop rods never had one go out or loose lift.

71Rcode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP 6-speed base
You must be thinking of the rev hang lol
Dang. YES.. rev hang. How do you get rid of that on 2015-2017 models outside a custom tune? Drives me nuts. Haven't figured out a way to trick it yet, either.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Dang. YES.. rev hang. How do you get rid of that on 2015-2017 models outside a custom tune? Drives me nuts. Haven't figured out a way to trick it yet, either.
yeah that rev hang is just wrong - I've found a blip of the throttle with the clutch still in drops the revs down - needs more testing as not much use of the car these days

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I've learned to drive around it, it seems most likely to pop you if you're on it hard (WOT), then slowly let off the throttle and THEN go to shift because you're done accelerating. You gotta shift quick and then let off apparently.

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
If you stare at the rear deck-lid black panel it scratches.
I can recommend to get it ceramic coated! buff out the scratches, polish it with very fine compound and pad, and coat it!

I have an other car with piano black roof and pillars which I had same scratch issue since the piano paint is softer than a vegans feelings and after I got it coated it stays so clear! I'm gonna do that to my 2020 GT as soon as it arrives with both the decklid and the black roof
I've taken a picture of my B-pillar and the coating is half a year old - car is daily driver and gets washed once a week.. not a scratch in sight :)
zuOcfJn.jpg

Cadrms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt. Elec PKG and magneride
i am surprised how rough they ride. honestly my first car, just got my bullitt with magneride a couple weeks ago. I have driven pickups my whole life. I thought it would be a little softer.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
The PP cars all ride stiff it helps a little if you run psi down to 27
Sponsored