Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
The display. You should be able to have a home mode where you can program what screens you want available to scroll through. It sucks having to go through a song and dance to go from gauges to tire pressure and trip odo.
My GMC truck has this and it makes things much easier.
Sponsored

Issues

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT. 1990 LX 5.0 . 2006 F-150. 76 RD400. 73 H2. 75 RD350
Not sure if this was posted before but I sure am getting tired of closing the door on the seat belt buckle.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not sure if this was posted before but I sure am getting tired of closing the door on the seat belt buckle.
That sounds like something is wrong. The belt should retract. There is no way mine could get in the way of the door even if I wanted it to.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a Base model and there are no real quality options for Radio Kits. I hate that it doesn't have the leather or the premium trim. It feels like a poor mans car when I get in the other cars we own.
I bought a base GT, so I can relate. I bought new takeoff leather upholstery from a GT Premium along with the aluminum pedals from the Premium, and those both helped to make it feel more upscale.

The base radio and not having the touchscreen didn't bother me. With the APIM failures that I've read about in an Edge group, I didn't want the touchscreen.

I do miss the MyColor cluster though.

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
My only issue is the 9 speaker premium stereo which is far from 'premium.' Was going to replace at least the speakers and add an amp, just haven't gotten around to it.
This is my biggest complaint. The stereo in our 6 year old Fusion sounds much better than the 9 speaker system.

Sponsored

WW2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium 401A
This is my biggest complaint. The stereo in our 6 year old Fusion sounds much better than the 9 speaker system.
I totally agree..have a 2012 Fusion with base stereo which blows away my 9 speaker premium system....I have added a sub which helped but still have that honkey, upper midrange EQ curve that just sounds like shit !!! Shame on Ford for this...other than that, love the car

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I hate the steering wheel button to turn on the cruise control. To me it's in an awkward spot for something I have to push every time I start the car. The cruise control keeps my ass out of trouble, most of the time.

Issues

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT. 1990 LX 5.0 . 2006 F-150. 76 RD400. 73 H2. 75 RD350
That sounds like something is wrong. The belt should retract. There is no way mine could get in the way of the door even if I wanted it to.
You may be right. It's slow to retract and I have to guide it back in place.

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
I'm usually in Car Play, so I have to quit out of that UI, back to the native Ford Sync 3 interface, go back to Home, tap a soft button. WTF, hahahaha :D
So far that navigation and the dashboard nav is not so great. Too many steps. As other's have said no way to keep exhaust mode in memory, too many steps to display gauges or trip info. Stuff that could easily be sorted out with better UX and not much more programming.

I will say at least they went back to using more touch buttons. My wife's 2014 Fusion Energi has some radio and climate buttons but they are all touch as well, so with no haptic feedback I'm not always sure if it received my command. They changed that by 2016 as my daughter's 2106 Fusion Energi has normal buttons as doe my Mustang for many controls used often.

Sponsored

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
I noticed my daughter's 2016 Fusion Energi Titanium has sensors in the front of the car. It warns her as she approaching a parking block, wall etc. I have not noticed that in the Mustang even though I have the 401A and Safe & Smart package. You would think this car being as low if not lower in stock form would warn of impeding scrape hazards.

I also noticed that there is no self park feature. I have never use it on the Fusions accept to show others how it works, quite frankly I'm still not used to it, freaks me out. So I would think I would never ever use it on the Mustang because if the spot was that tight that I needed self park then I shouldn't be parking there—I'm not worried about me hitting my car against someone else's, its the folks in front or behind me leaving after I park (thus I always park the Mustang/Marauder/442s no where near other cars). Again not sure it makes sense as an option on a Mustang but if all those sensors are there already (Safe & Smart) I would have thought it would at least be an option.

RBINCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 10r80 GT, 07 GT500 Vert
I hate the steering wheel button to turn on the cruise control. To me it's in an awkward spot for something I have to push every time I start the car. The cruise control keeps my ass out of trouble, most of the time.
+1

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I agree about cruise control buttons, and I'd like to see more room between all the buttons on the steering wheel. It's too easy to push the wrong button, especially driving with winter gloves on.

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
FWIW, I'm using a Top Smart module to add some features to the convertible top operation, but it also has a feature to set the mode, so my car starts, then switches over to S+ (with the exhaust in sport mode!) :D
Dang you, just one more thing to put on my wish list. Man they make so much for these cars, its crazy
Sponsored