Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
I got the B&O upgrade stereo just so I CAN listen to the hundreds of CD's I have!!!! Flip phones don't do applecar play, etc. Yes I'm 60 yrs old!

Rant: Why does the inside mirror vibrate when the car seems so solid at highway speed? Driver door doesn't close tight enough to the car. Center of flip down back seats one is 3/4" HIGHER then the other in the center. Looks like crap every time I look in the vibrating mirror! No pass grab handle? Or driver side either. Are the head air bags is the way so no handles?? Otherwise I really like this car.
Yep, I knew this was not an isolated defect. Ford Motor Co. took care of mine very quickly when posting a pic. on their Facebook page. Yes they can fix this for you. Ain't perfect but way better than it was.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/rear-seat-back-rest-kinda-funky.121548/
IMG_1891.JPG
Sponsored

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
The cheap super thin inner fenders with push pins.. they should be used thicker with metal fasteners

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
The cheap super thin inner fenders with push pins.. they should be used thicker with metal fasteners
I dislike push-pins in general. Unfortunately they are found throughout, and not just on Fords or cars for that matter. I dropped one of the ones holding the battery cover on when installing a tower brace. It was lost in the engine compartment so figured it was gone for good. Stopped by my dealers parts dept. and found out it was $3.15 for one and it had to be ordered. Kinda pissed me off. was thinking it should be under a buck, and should have been a shelf item. Anyway did not order it. Went home put my reading glasses on and with the help of a flashlight and three prong retractable grabber plucked the fastener from the engine mount.

I suppose these nylon fasteners help keep costs down but to me they are cheesy.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I dislike push-pins in general. Unfortunately they are found throughout, and not just on Fords or cars for that matter. I dropped one of the ones holding the battery cover on when installing a tower brace. It was lost in the engine compartment so figured it was gone for good. Stopped by my dealers parts dept. and found out it was $3.15 for one and it had to be ordered. Kinda pissed me off. was thinking it should be under a buck, and should have been a shelf item. Anyway did not order it. Went home put my reading glasses on and with the help of a flashlight and three prong retractable grabber plucked the fastener from the engine mount.

Funny I lost one the exact same way! Never found it

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra

when I recently hit a rabbit and had to replace my inner fender, instead of using the push pins I used bolts washers and lock nuts.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Active exhaust that works when it wants!

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
How about the rear black trunk panel with emblem that scratches and or smears if you you just look at it :frown:

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
2018 Mustang GT here with approximately 27,xxx miles and I have had the drive-line vibration since 1300 miles. I had the tires road force balanced 4 times since but the steering has this random vibration between 50 mph - 60 mph. Vibrates the rear view mirror and I can feel it in the steering wheel and where I rest my left foot.

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Seatbelts suck and dig into my collar. Rattles are annoying as well but I still love the car.
I second the seat belt tightness. It's annoying and I don't think it can be adjusted

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You end up spending way too much time trying to determine if the car behind you is sporting a roof rack or a light bar.
How can you tell? My inside mirror doesn't shake but this is the first car I've had with the auto-dimming, and I'm not digging it. Cuz I can't see if a car some ways back is a cop, it's too damn dark.

I only infrequently flipped my mirror up in prior cars, just when a tall vehicle was following me for a bit. So like the auto headlights, which at least I can go full manual on, I don't see the value of these.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I second the seat belt tightness. It's annoying and I don't think it can be adjusted
I found this seat belt extension helps keep the belt off of my neck. If the dealer won't give you one you can buy it for a penny plus shipping.

Helps a lot

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual