Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Minor rant, but the sun-visors could be a little bigger (like on my old '12) especially late afternoon.
Your complaining about the size but NOT that the mirror covers aren't replicas of the hood now?
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The paddle shifters on my A10 transmission are so slow I don't like using them. They were much better on my 2015 6-speed auto. That's a surprise since the A10 is so much better in most other respects.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I've got to say, I've been pretty happy with mine, I don't know that there's a major "worst thing", maybe a few tiny annoyances, though a couple of omissions - digital speedo, heated wheel - have been resolved/offered since I bought mine.

I mean, occasionally I get something odd like my phone doesn't go into CP mode without a full power cycle of the car, or the "easy entrance" doesn't work, seat doesn't move forward, talking very rarely, I just kind of shrug it off, move the seat up.

Oh wait, I have one: JFC Ford, make the GAS DOOR LOCK when the car is locked. I'm still floored anyone can just access the gas inlet.

Got a like on this post recently, it's from April 2019, and in August of that year, I swapped my '16 for a '19 and two of the things I wanted from that post (see underlined), I now have :D I also have better CarPlay connectivity, I can't think of the last time it didn't connect (plus just a generally perkier UI).

Gas door is still a serious case of WTF :crazy:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Minor rant, but the sun-visors could be a little bigger (like on my old '12) especially late afternoon.

May be you're too short & not the sun visor, sit on a pillow (my pillow),

Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I got rid of both Tick and 2K Rattle by using 1 bottle of
Cera-Tec in my oil.
2017 GT.
Thanks, i'll give it a try. Do you have a link for the one you used ?

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
The paddle shifters on my A10 transmission are so slow I don't like using them. They were much better on my 2015 6-speed auto. That's a surprise since the A10 is so much better in most other respects.
yeah in normal driving they are slow as hell, so i never use them either. WOT they respond quickly though, but that's not the situation where i use them so it's pointless for me

Sponsored

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Haven't had many complaints on my car yet, but still fairly new to the car. I will say how you update sync 3's maps is total bs, I spent several hours this past weekend just to get pkg_err03 errors the entire time. I also didn't realize at the time how limited your choices are with speaker upgrades/spoilers/exhaust/etc on a convertible model, first time owning a vert and def did not do my homework in that regard.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
yeah in normal driving they are slow as hell, so i never use them either. WOT they respond quickly though, but that's not the situation where i use them so it's pointless for me
The shifts had much less delay in my '15 with the 6r80. Using the paddles was fun on twisty roads, selecting exactly what gear you want to be in entering turns, etc. Also, it was nice to tell the car exactly where to upshift in city driving, independent of throttle position, and it's easier to play around with exhaust noise. So it's disappointing that the paddles suck so bad on this car that I don't want to use them. I expect a tune would be able to change it, though.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I got rid of both Tick and 2K Rattle by using 1 bottle of Cera-Tec in my oil.
First of all, interesting to hear engines prior to the plasma coating had the same issues we do. But more importantly, is it possible the 2 noises are related? I heard the 2K rattle (more like 2,500 than 2K rpm) today, because it was the first day I used it at slow speeds in quiet mode (left the house early). And it's NOT pleasant. Ha ha. Wonder what exactly it is. Started a new thread about that. Not sure if I should try to avoid it or not. And also not sure if the engine makes it fully hot, or just cold and warm.

Finally, I'm not going to use that 'Ceratec' stuff, but will switch to M1 0/30; hope it takes care of that. My engine doesn't have the 'tick'; at least not yet :D.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
We A10 guys have Sport, Sport +, Track, Drag mode right....

I think we can do w/o the shifting going to sport mode and just have a standard sport, track, and drag mode. Almost thinks it too many options.... then there’s traction off, advanced traction off.... the steering is ok though, but why normal and comfort?

I think ford can eliminate a few of these options and it won’t be missed...

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
Side mirrors and at the very least driver mirror should have the auto dim feature.
Sponsored