Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
I have the dash rattle in front (far left plastic ac shroud) and the rattle from both rear airbags.
Sponsored

gnarlycaveman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have a basic GT, no built in garage door opener to program. It would be nice, especially on a lower profile car where the clip-on opener is so noticeable.
This probably wont help you to much but lowes had a 30$ opener that clips to your key ring. its about the size of a quarter you can put it anywhere...…….. Hopes this helps.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
This probably wont help you to much but lowes had a 30$ opener that clips to your key ring. its about the size of a quarter you can put it anywhere...…….. Hopes this helps.
I think I’ve seen those... the little 1 or 2 button remote style openers. My car is loaded and I programmed my gate entrance to the community and the garage to my buttons. It’s good they have a remote it made it e z

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have a central dash rattle, not sure if the speaker cover or the vent trim. Annoying AF.
Same here, and since I brought it home. It seems to be behind the center gauges, so the 'vent trim' IMO. If I press really hard in some places, it goes away. Hope I can get the GT350 gauges without having to pay $600 (doubtful), so I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone when removing that piece. So will wait a month or two. If it becomes worse, and looks like that scenario above won't happen, then I'd reluctantly remove it and try to find the culprit. Only have 300+ miles on the car, and I haven't even driven it over the awful highways that will pass under the car, so that's not a very good sign. Ha ha. Having said that, I'm waxing the car now (in episodes. Ha ha), and for the first time, I didn't 'dent' the roof of this car when applying pressure to wax it and remove it. Pleasantly surprised at how sturdy it is :).

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ha, I have ceramic coat. I two bucket, use only new microfibers, foam cannon to float the dirt off first. hydrosonic tip on washer. air dry and I still get scratches on the damn thing.... grrrrrr I even use the High lub soap that encapsulates the dirt.. blah blah...
Same exact thing I do. I wonder if the ceramic coating can be touched up without cost me a grand

Sponsored

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Fit of the body panels, for some reason Ford quality control or lack of at the factory let her leave like this ....Still deciding if I will let the dealership body shop adjust the door since it’s warranty, could cause more problems.
461D427E-E91A-4659-B9FB-D1EB040F47A7.jpeg
My trunk lid was so misaligned it chipped my paint. The dealer said they would send it to a body shop to get fixed. Right. Some body shop isn't touching my car. The can of worms possibility was much too high for me. I touched up the paint and re-aligned the trunk lid myself. That was over a year ago- and so damn glad I did it and didn't let any possible clowns mess with my car. Plus, my car was special ordered- I am the only one who has ever driven it except whomever did the 2mi test drive. Still that way. No clown will drive this car :-)
That said, a trunk lid is night/day easy compared to aligning a door

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
My trunk lid was so misaligned it chipped my paint. The dealer said they would send it to a body shop to get fixed. Right. Some body shop isn't touching my car. The can of worms possibility was much too high for me. I touched up the paint and re-aligned the trunk lid myself. That was over a year ago- and so damn glad I did it and didn't let any possible clowns mess with my car. Plus, my car was special ordered- I am the only one who has ever driven it except whomever did the 2mi test drive. Still that way. No clown will drive this car :-)

How bad was the paint chip?

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Smart move, I would have done the same thing.

That's what I call the 2 for 1 body shop deal. You bring your car to fix one problem and leave with it having 2 more that didn't exist before bringing it there. Even the best body shops are guilty of this.

if your really lucky they'll even give you a bonus of spraying clear coat over spray on the windows.

Sponsored

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I can think of 10 things, all nitpicky of course in under 10 seconds. But my biggest beef with Ford is the ultra modern prop rod that is such a superior item that it simply hasn't changed much since 1965! How much do 100k decent quality hood lifts cost in bulk? Add $10 to the price of the build of our cars? Nah, never mind, Ford's gotta at least leave one thing for the aftermarket to make a mint on instead of passing along the extra $10 cost to us. Let's hear yours...come on, rant on! I know ya wanna....
Tick
Tick
Tick

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
2k rpm rattle...drives me nuts at times

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
That's what I call the 2 for 1 body shop deal. You bring your car to fix one problem and leave with it having 2 more that didn't exist before bringing it there.
My second new car (back when I was young) had weak paint, so they repainted part of it. It was a black car and had white overspray over most of it. I complained and they said "yeah, we had a white car in there. Sorry."

I refuse to program the visor garage opener. Some one can pop your door or break the window, and then they are in your garage. Especially bad if you are away driving another car. I always bring my opener inside.
Every car I've ever had had the opener on switched power. If you are really concerned about it, you could just run a different power source to it.

I had the same dash rattle, drove me crazy. . . .

For anyone else having problems with rattles, I would recommend buying some Kilmat, or some other type of cheap Dynamat knockoff, and covering the inside of the panel.
Same here, and since I brought it home. It seems to be behind the center gauges, so the 'vent trim' IMO.
Same here. In the past, I've used felt to put between rubbing pieces of trim to stop the noise. Sometimes I'll shove a paper towel in there. I had a mechanic once tear off his cigarette filter and cram that in a spot to stop the vibration. "You're not going to just leave that there, are you?"

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Same here. In the past, I've used felt to put between rubbing pieces of trim to stop the noise. Sometimes I'll shove a paper towel in there. I had a mechanic once tear off his cigarette filter and cram that in a spot to stop the vibration. "You're not going to just leave that there, are you?"
Mechanics are resourceful. I have a '78 Trans Am I ordered from a future AZ governor. It had a squeak that went away when it was cold. The first attempt, they scammed GM into paying them to realign the fenders and hood (which were fine and the same before and after). The second attempt also failed. The 3rd time the squeak appeared to be gone. But it turned out they had made a hole in an AC duct to blow some cold air at the area.

Night Mare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Minor rant, but the sun-visors could be a little bigger (like on my old '12) especially late afternoon.
Sponsored