Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I thought spares came in every car. My Scion tC 13 had one, and my mustang has one. Guess I assumed all cars got them.

It was that way from factory, is it normal for dealers to add them to an order requests?
I don't believe a spare is a freestanding factory option on any US market Mustang. Some models/packages may include a spare.

Ford sells aftermarket spares and dealers could add those to a sale. One problem with adding a spare is the place for them in the trunk is smaller than the factory tires of some Mustangs. In addition, the Ford spares won't work on some corners of some Mustangs due to brakes, etc.. It is mind blowing that Ford doesn't offer an aftermarket spare that can be used on those models since that would also work on all other models. Slightly less mind blowing is the place for the spare being smaller diameter than the tires on some models for two generations running.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
The ford I bought my stang from, both pony packages had full spare etc. so maybe pony package comes with them.

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
The god awful rear bumper panel alignment/sagging - Especially if you have a white car like mine.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The god awful rear bumper panel alignment/sagging - Especially if you have a white car like mine.
Is that because its more noticeable on white? I don't imagine the color make a difference on how well the bumper fits.

Sponsored

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
Yep - that's what I meant, sorry. It's definitely more noticeable on a white car.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My only real gripe about my '15 is the panel fit and finish. My driver door and front fender body line (the one even with the door handle) are slightly off in alignment and at certain angles it drives me nuts. I thought about getting it fixed (still might), but am paranoid about something getting scratched so I leave it as testament to Ford's shitty QC. The other one that really pisses me off is the grind marks on the top of the passenger rear quarter panel kickup, plainly visible through the paint. Thankfully, the end of my GT350TP spoiler hides it when the decklid is closed.

The wife's '17 VW Tiguan is flawless in terms of exterior fit and finish, and cost roughly half what the Mustang did. No excuse for it.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Speaking of, I chuckled when I got something in the mail this week from Sirius. Having never had a car with it, I was excited to get it, cuz radio kinda sucks around here. But it sounds so bad I can't listen to it. Like horribly compressed MP3's from the bad ole Napster days.

I'm not sure it's a feature. I'm thinking maybe it's bloatware, that they pay the manufacturers to have pre-installed on their cars.
Agree Sat. radio has terrible quality. My first one was in my 2013 Escape. Never paid for the subscription.....Never listened to it once during the free six months in my BULLITT. Actually do not listed to the radio at all in the BULLITT, only my own music on a jump drive.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
You only get a spare if it was special ordered to come with one...and at a price. Base, PP cars, all of em.
No, Ford does not offer one at all for Brembo equipped cars. AFAIK, the only one you can get it the AA spare for $399. Purchased one for my BULLITT, as not relying on the repair kit.

Sponsored

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
the 4 inch base radio with 600 buttons is terrible

needing to buy an entire dash kit to replace it is even worse

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
One feature I really miss from my last car was the ability to raise the windows from outside, you could just touch the lock sensor on the door handle for 3 seconds and it would raise the windows, with the Mustang you have to open the door, go inside and press the start button.
You can roll up the windows from the outside using the keyfob. Press the lock button once, then press it again and hold until the windows start to go up. You can roll them down the same way with the unlock button.

ultrahax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Power Pack 2
It's a pig to drive when it's cold, the hood prop-rod straight from an 80s Lada, the pain of trying to get the oil dipstick in and out when you have the strut-tower brace.

Climax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
04 40th Ann Mustang, 2015 Mustang
I had purchased a 2004 40th Anniversary Special new back in 2004. Last October I had the car fully hand sanded and painted the same factory colors but put three clear coats on it. Before that, not a scratch or dent was on it. I changed the Shocks, Struts, calipers, disc, and pads, the black louvered vent in front of the wind shield was replaced with a new one, both head light castings were replaced, the Front drivers seat was rebuilt, No smoking or eating in the car and I was the lone occupant 95% of the time. I had used a synthetic blend oil since day 1 and changed it every 3K without fail. I kept records on all maintenance done, even for every tank of gas-when I got it, from who, cost per gallon, total cost, mileage, and total average mileage. I was planning on being the original owner and driving it into the Antique Category. Three weeks ago the car was totaled by the insurance company because someone hit a van so hard behind me, while stopped at a red light, that it was driven into the back of my car and pushed in the trunk area to the spare tire, and pushed down the left corner. Sent me to the hospital. My car just sold on CoPart for only $300 after I just put in about $6K! Be careful on the road as others aren't. Oh, they guy who hit me has Geico Insurance and at the lowest amount. Six cars ended up being involved so his coverage will not cover it all. For some reason I have a million dollar coverage for liability but my agent forgot to put on uninsured motorists insurance on my policy. I am screwed!
I am not looking for a 2017 or newer Mustang which should last me for the rest of my life. Geesh.

BFord1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Rear suspension cradle movement from the factory makes the car very unpredictable. Easily fixed though.

Dash rattles. Not so easily fixed.

My A/C evaporator went out at 23,000 miles. Got a new one under warranty but now the dash rattles even more.
Sponsored