Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
It lead me to this forum and all the people constantly talking about all the things they hate about their cars.
Sponsored

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
4 pages in and surprised I haven’t heard these. Apparently these have been issues since Mercury’s were a thing. Leave it to ford to never fix stuff I guess

Lack of reliable air conditioning, evap/compressor/leaking valve issues.

Misfiring cylinder 8 due to cracked intake manifold runner(s)

Stock offset of wheels, fronts are especially bad as they tuck 10 feet into the fender

Stock ride height rivals some 4x4 SUVs

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
This is easy:

Traction Control!

I would say over 80% of so-called driver error and 100% of cars&coffee peel out crashes are traction control coming in and doing its thing without driver consent. An absolute kill switch with memory so it never gets activated again would save vehicles and save lives. It isn’t any good in snow, leaves you stranded in the middle of a snowy hill while spinning the tires gets you all the way up the hill. The system is total and complete garbage in my opinion. Kept in place by those Ford lawyers that only care about criminal and tort liability and not the best interests of the consumer.

And while we are at it - get rid of ABS or another kill switch that keeps it off permanently, another idea good drivers don’t need. It’s a performance car remember...
Ive investigated 1,000s of collisions over the last 13 years, and everything you have said is just wrong. Those people do not lose control because of traction control, they lose control because they don't have the necessary skills to control the vehicle. And ABS is decidedly another thing that saves lives. Also, studies have been done, and people that are the most confident about their driving skills are not as good as they think they are. Unless you've done a lot of track days, or even better, HPDEs with an instructor next to you, you probably don't know how to handle the car once it breaks away from its limits of adhesion.

TLDR: modern electronics help save lives.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Decent hood struts would probably add $20-$30 at production, $60+ on the showroom floor. When the manufacturers sweat nickels, $20 is cause for a high-level conference.
To add direct injection to s197 would have been $56 per engine. Hood struts are probably in the range of $1 to $2, if even that.

MantisTaboggin1975

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Seatbelts suck and dig into my collar. Rattles are annoying as well but I still love the car.

Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
... Hood struts are probably in the range of $1 to $2, if even that...
Not even close. Nothing that's $70 at retail is $2 designed, manufactured, shipped and installed.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
1) Pirellis

2) We can all agree that the S550 should come lowered from the factory, it’s not that hard to do Ford...

3) No spare tire (for those who drive distance)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yeah, I park in the ass end of nowhere and I still had to get a ding rolled out within 3 months of ownership. People suck.
Just park in an end spot and smash a theatrical bottle in the spot on the other side. Link below for info. To save money, you can make your own for practically nothing. The jerks who go looking for cars to dent usually don't want a flat tire or two. Harmless to tires, but they don't know it. Gone the next rain or sweeping.

https://smile.amazon.com/SMASHProps...encoding=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&ie=UTF8

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I really love my car, but my biggest pet peeve is the small displacement V8 engines. Ok, ok I get that 5.0 was a big deal in the 80s, but can we move along now?

IMO a performance vehicle should have more cubic inches.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I really love my car, but my biggest pet peeve is the small displacement V8 engines. Ok, ok I get that 5.0 was a big deal in the 80s, but can we move along now?

I totally agree with that, ford could have easily had 351 cid coyote engine. The now discontinued 5.8 used in the 13-14 gt500 could have been used, just bump up the compression and adapt it for coyote heads and viola a next generation boss 351.

Sponsored

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
I hate that it turns the headlights/taillights on when you open a door. Yes I know it turns them off if you lock the door, but sometimes I like to leave it unlocked and hate that the lights stay on for like 15 seconds, and there is no way to disable this retarded feature.

I wish there was a jack point in the front center of the car so I could easily raise the front half of the car like some of my previous cars.

One feature I really miss from my last car was the ability to raise the windows from outside, you could just touch the lock sensor on the door handle for 3 seconds and it would raise the windows, with the Mustang you have to open the door, go inside and press the start button.

All I can think of for now, overall the Mustang is pretty good and doesn't have many faults.

Reactions: A7X

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT

It's power that matters, not size. If they can get the same power out of a smaller engine thanks to the efficiency of modern technology like DI then there is no reason to make the engine bigger.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
1) Pirellis

2) We can all agree that the S550 should come lowered from the factory, it’s not that hard to do Ford...

3) No spare tire (for those who drive distance)
I thought spares came in every car. My Scion tC 13 had one, and my mustang has one. Guess I assumed all cars got them.

It was that way from factory, is it normal for dealers to add them to an order requests?

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
PP1 and PP2 cars get no spare.
Sponsored