Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I have people behind me complain that when I get on it, in front of them, it smells like their vehicle is on fire.
Man, tell them to quit their whining. I run in a pack of motorcycles from the early 90's, with no catalytic anything, and very naturally aspirated inline 4s. Those bad boys are stinkay. You don't want to be bringing up the rear when we go out. A flogged Mustang smells like teen spirit, baby.
Sponsored

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Walking behind your locked car and pressing the trunk release button (on the car) causes the tail lights to light up full blast for a couple of seconds. On a dark street it's temporarily kinda blinding. I could pull my fob out of my pocket and pop the trunk from a safe distance, but usually I have a bunch of stuff in my arms.

And I generally like the pushbutton start, except that the cabin fan shuts off immediately when you turn the car off. I don't usually immediately hop out, I switch glasses and gather up all my crap. There's still some coolness left to be enjoyed even after the A/C compressor stops. On hot days I used to initially only turn the key back part way, to shut the motor off but leave the fan going. With this car I have to push the button again, and then wait for the computer to bring the fan back up again.

TLFLOW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I can think of 10 things, all nitpicky of course in under 10 seconds. But my biggest beef with Ford is the ultra modern prop rod that is such a superior item that it simply hasn't changed much since 1965! How much do 100k decent quality hood lifts cost in bulk? Add $10 to the price of the build of our cars? Nah, never mind, Ford's gotta at least leave one thing for the aftermarket to make a mint on instead of passing along the extra $10 cost to us. Let's hear yours...come on, rant on! I know ya wanna....
It's like everywhere i go the speed limit is 30-50 mph too low, I never really noticed it before ...

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0

Sponsored

maxthegolden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium convertible
I don't believe a spare is a freestanding factory option on any US market Mustang. Some models/packages may include a spare.

Ford sells aftermarket spares and dealers could add those to a sale. One problem with adding a spare is the place for them in the trunk is smaller than the factory tires of some Mustangs. In addition, the Ford spares won't work on some corners of some Mustangs due to brakes, etc.. It is mind blowing that Ford doesn't offer an aftermarket spare that can be used on those models since that would also work on all other models. Slightly less mind blowing is the place for the spare being smaller diameter than the tires on some models for two generations running.
Bought my spare when in ordered car..$495 option.....bought a 2018 chysler pacifica and no spare tires are available from chysler...they stopped selling them.. found 1 on ebay $500.00 for whole kit..it's crazy you have to spend stupid money after buying a new car..

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
My 'included' spare was listed as a $405.00 option on my sticker.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
That it was wrecked on 20 March and I haven't driven it since. I'll gladly take the notchy MT-82, mediocre windshield and BBQ tick over not having my car.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I personally HATE the up and down dial to adjust the temperature. Just use a damn round knob like every other manufacturer already.

Sponsored

maxthegolden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium convertible
Needing a new long block at 3500 miles due to engine rattle....get your engines bore scoped...!

GasPedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
I personally HATE the up and down dial to adjust the temperature. Just use a damn round knob like every other manufacturer already.
You know there's an "auto" setting once you know what temperature you like... I barely touch anything but the power button.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You know there's an "auto" setting once you know what temperature you like... I barely touch anything but the power button.
Yeah, guess I've been lucky. I don't think I've touched the climate controls since I bought it EXCEPT the one day in 2016 when it stopped working the last hour of a 5,000 mile road trip and I had to disconnect the battery to fix it.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
That it was wrecked on 20 March and I haven't driven it since. I'll gladly take the notchy MT-82, mediocre windshield and BBQ tick over not having my car.
Coincidentally, the same day I agreed to buy mine.
Sponsored